• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-151 A2 windshield on a 151a1

Flyingvan911

The A1 and A2 brackets are different. The good news is the bolt patterns are the same. I'm not sure if there's an advantage to one over the other or not.

acudanut

M151 windshield

The A1 and A2 brackets are different. The good news is the bolt patterns are the same. I'm not sure if there's an advantage to one over the other or not.
My current windshield does not lock in the upright position. No pins, or the correct ones away way ??.

I had a Older 62 Mutt that I had to find different brackets for. This is way I was concerned. Thanks

Last edited:

nattieleather

The pins are easy to find. Many places have them including Rapco and many other vendors. If it is just a matter of the correct hitch pins to hold the windshield up then you have an easy fix. Over the years I have seen pins that people bought at the hardware store, bolts with nuts (seen that in a NG Motor Pool) and once even saw a screw driver shoved in one as a semi-temp/perm fix. The brackets on the A2 are different than the A1.

acudanut

I changed out mine because I did not like the 2 piece glass and one side was cracked. My days of driving in the rain are over. I like a full open top and the windshield down, sun on my face and women wanting a ride. lol

Last edited:

papakb

I did this conversion on my '65 A1 about 15 years ago so that I could benefit from the electric wipers which here in California is almost meaningless! LOL Something you want to keep in mind is that there is no ground connection in the 151 or A1 other than through the hinges or windshield retaining pin (which tend to corrode) so I added a short ground strap across the right hinge to guarantee a good electrical connection.

acudanut

I did this conversion on my '65 A1 about 15 years ago so that I could benefit from the electric wipers which here in California is almost meaningless! LOL Something you want to keep in mind is that there is no ground connection in the 151 or A1 other than through the hinges or windshield retaining pin (which tend to corrode) so I added a short ground strap across the right hinge to guarantee a good electrical connection.

I am only doing this because I hate the 2 piece glass. I try not to get caught in the rain.

Lindsaym151

Ok here's the fix, Yes you need A-2 hinges!, Easy to find!
Doing it right now on my build thread!
Worse comes to worse, go to ace hardware and get two smaller bolts , cut off threads and drill a hole in bolt to fit a Jesus clip! been running them in my A-2 for 8 yrs!

acudanut

Lindsay, I am 99.9 sure that Either a M-151 a1 or a2 brackets will work on my 66 M-151 windshield frame (using a A2 frame) Love your work BTW on your jeep. Do you have any pictures of the bottom frame rails of your work ? Thanks.

Last edited:

Christian BLOCK

Bonjour,

J'ai un petit problème avec mon pare-brise et son joint.
Je ne peux pas mettre les picots de fixation car je trouve que le joint est trop gros.
Le pare-brise est neuf ainsi que le joint, c'était un kit complet.
Mon véhicule est une Ford M151A2.
L'ancien pare-brise et le nouveau se ressemblent.

Pouvez-vous m'aider à résoudre mon problème.

Merci d'avance et bonnes vacances.

Christian

Christian BLOCK

Hello,

I have a small problem with my windshield and its gasket.
I can't fit the pins because I think the gasket is too big.
The windshield is new as well as the gasket, it was a complete kit.
My vehicle is a Ford M151A2.
The old windshield and the new one look the same.

Can you help me solve my problem.

Thanks in advance and happy vacations.

Christian

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
Hello Christian. I use two tie down staps on each side of the windshield. I use an "S" hook in the brackets that the top support hooks in. Hook the other end securely to the body or air lift bracket on the rear wheel. Tighten the straps applying EVEN pressure to the windshield. Assuming you have the correct hinges and seal, this will work. When the hinge holes line up, gently tap the pins in on each side. I replaced my windshield gasket a couple of years ago and have done this method multiple times. Good luck!

Guy

Last edited:

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
"S" hook here (both sides). My ratchet strap hooks are to large in diameter to fit the holes, therefore, the use of the "S" hook. You'll want to make sure your hook is as big as possible as there is a lot of pressure on the hook.
20231230_194550.jpg

After installing a new rubber seal, some people do this method but will start to lift the frame and when it starts to compress they will let it sit for a few hours and then raise the rest of the way. Not sure if that's necessary but I've read about people doing it that way.

Guy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks