• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value estimate on Unimog?

Southern M715

Hello folks, I searched the classified under "Unimogs" and came up with nothing.

Can I get a ballpark on the value of a '61/'62 Unimog?

I have two and I am going to keep one and sell the other in a year or so. Just curious as to a ballpark value in case an interesting trade pops up(I know a guy with a half dozen Willys pickups and I want one and he won't sell for cash).

These are basically 99% rust free with only small amount of rust at the front bottom lip of the cab(see picture). Not even rusted through. Will need a little lead work to be good as new.

Have upper doors and run good.

That is a bolted on dog box hanging off the back for quail hunting. I have photoshopped the logos off the doors.

Thanks!

mog.jpg

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's worth whatever you and a buyer can agree on . You must have some idea of what you want for it . If you price it to high the market will tell you by no bites on it , if your asking price is fair it will move fairly fast. It's a limited market , so how bad do you want to get rid of it , if your in no hurry you will probably get more waiting for the right buyer.

Southern M715

It's worth whatever you and a buyer can agree on . You must have some idea of what you want for it . If you price it to high the market will tell you by no bites on it , if your asking price is fair it will move fairly fast. It's a limited market , so how bad do you want to get rid of it , if your in no hurry you will probably get more waiting for the right buyer.
Just looking for a knowledgeable Unimog guy that can ballpark a value. I can ballpark a value on muscle cars, but I have not been able to find any sold data on unimogs.

If it was a '69 small block Camaro it would ballpark at 15k. A Unimog may be 2k or 20k, I have no clue.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looking for a knowledgeable Unimog guy that can ballpark a value. I can ballpark a value on muscle cars, but I have not been able to find any sold data on unimogs.

If it was a '69 small block Camaro it would ballpark at 15k. A Unimog may be 2k or 20k, I have no clue.
You know what you got into it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate your feedback, but "what I got into it" has nothing to do with market value.
Your right there is a good chance you will take a loss . You might do better on a Mog specific forum , it's like the guys with M715's do better on this type of question over at 715.com . There just isn't a big following for them on SS , most of the threads are related to the 419 SEE . Expedition imports will give you dealer prices.

Here is a similar older thread , it got link to a e-bay ad that didn't meet the reserve at $7500.
[h=1]Buying an Original Unimog 404[/h]
[h=1]Value?[/h]

Southern M715

You might do better on a Mog specific forum , it's like the guys with M715's do better on this type of question over at 715.com . There just isn't a big following for them on SS , most of the threads are related to the 419 SEE .
10-4. I'm trying to avoid those Mercedes types, but Google keeps leading me to Benz World.

mogger7

I'v had 4 unimogs in the last 10 yrs started with a 404 as you have tben 406 and 2 416's diesels are going for big bucks $20k and up for a nice clean one 404's are the cheapest but getting harder to fimd not many left overseas.Igot $18,500 for mine 8 yrs ago but was restored and converted to a doka. or 4 door as non mog folks call them
Rich

Southern M715

I'v had 4 unimogs in the last 10 yrs started with a 404 as you have tben 406 and 2 416's diesels are going for big bucks $20k and up for a nice clean one 404's are the cheapest but getting harder to fimd not many left overseas.Igot $18,500 for mine 8 yrs ago but was restored and converted to a doka. or 4 door as non mog folks call them
Rich
Thanks for the feedback. Did you fab up the extra panels for the Doka conversion, get a donor or does someone sell them?

mogger7

started out with a 2 door and fabed up everything but the 2 rear doors .truck turned out great .i'm in Va and sold it to a guy in calif. .the truck made four wheeler mag cover a few yrs ago and is on the fromt of my face book page (Richard Dunlap) was a great truck wish I still had it but now into Humvees their a little cheaper
mogger7

xironworker

$6000.00 to $12000.00 depending on shape and mileage. Go to Searchtempest.com. Click Autos for sale box. Type in unimog. Under distance from you, click on ''Any'' Click box that says private seller. Click box that says ''US'' United States. Click box that says "Any''. It will show every craigslist add for unimogs. Every State and city.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks