• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Lockbourne pickup questions

LanceRobson

Hello All

I'm making my first pickup in Lockbourne, OH of DLA property (3100 Creekside Pkwy) this Friday at 7 AM and have some questions:

I generally carry a concealed pistol and Ohio recognizes my NC permit. Is this a military facility and if not would there be a problem with having a pistol locked up and out of sight in my truck?

I'll be loading eight pallets into a box type cargo trailer with barn style doors that can be directly loaded with a fork truck. I plan to shuffle the pallets from the tailgate with a pallet jack that I'll bring. Does anyone see a problem with that?

And is there anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Lance

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Creekside Pkwy facility is a commercial property, non military. There is a guard gate, (commercial) have your invoice/paperwork ready. No searches, no questions.
Easy-peasy. Your load plan sounds ok. Pretty typical. The guys on the fork trucks are good guys. Might be able to just shove them in one at a time.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah real easy like scar59 said. Take your paperwork in to the ladies through the side door and they will get you hooked up.

LanceRobson

Thanks Guys

Gimpy is still working crazy long hours but he propped his eyelids up with toothpicks long enough to call yesterday, too. I'll be OK. As you all know it's always a bit of a crapshoot the first time at any new pickup location.

Again, thanks and best regards,

Lance

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lance its as easy as easy gets. Gimp and I actually ran into "Those Military Guys" there on a pick up. Its literally no more difficult than going around back at Lowes.

LanceRobson

Good Morning, Pat

Some GL locations get pissy if they can't just plunk your stuff down and go on with their day. My biggest concern was whether there would be an issue with the delay inherent in shuffling the pallets inside the trailer since I have to spot two and get the straps on them before loading the next two or I'll never be able to tie down properly. The trailer has almost 200' of E-Track in it but I still need to be able to reach it as I go......

Lance

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_2891.jpgIMG_2892.jpg
Good Morning, Pat

Some GL locations get pissy if they can't just plunk your stuff down and go on with their day. My biggest concern was whether there would be an issue with the delay inherent in shuffling the pallets inside the trailer since I have to spot two and get the straps on them before loading the next two or I'll never be able to tie down properly. The trailer has almost 200' of E-Track in it but I still need to be able to reach it as I go......

Lance
OK, yeah they are pretty cool. I had to find a way to stack 15 939 crated hoods and they took the time to help. Donuts never hurt.

LanceRobson

Those pictures should only be viewed while listening to the theme music from "Sanford & Son".......

Nancy and I are going to Bragg next week to get her a new ID card. Do you need anything while we're there?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks