• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling on all Michigan Historic Military Vehicle Owners

Lazboytt

Election year slowed down committee meetings. They still have a lot of bills they will try to get to this year including this bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Election year slowed down committee meetings. They still have a lot of bills they will try to get to this year including this bill.

There are no transportation committee meetings scheduled for the rest of the year.

Al Capone

During our fight this year in Louisiana my senator told me that if we did not get this bill thru this session that next year there is no transportation being discussed next year session so would have been two more years to wait

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
During our fight this year in Louisiana my senator told me that if we did not get this bill thru this session that next year there is no transportation being discussed next year session so would have been two more years to wait
Michigan has a full time legislature so that's not a issue , it's more of who has better lobbyists .

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Michigan has a full time legislature so that's not a issue , it's more of who has better lobbyists .
"
"full time legislature", scariest three words I've ever heard. ours lasts only three months and THAT is the most frightening time for us in Maryland.

Al Capone

It does not show up your location on the way it comes up on my phone nor did it even When I looked at your profile . Must be due to phone That’s why I asked you . I see you still have the charming personality you did back months ago . How is the battle going for y’all in Michigan ?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does not show up your location on the way it comes up on my phone nor did it even When I looked at your profile . Must be due to phone That’s why I asked you . I see you still have the charming personality you did back months ago . How is the battle going for y’all in Michigan ?
It passed the senate yesterday and was sent to the house , what it does there or if the Governor will sign it in the next 2 weeks who knows. They are pushing a bunch of lame-duck bills before the power shift after the first of the year .

https://www.michiganvotes.org/RollCall.aspx?ID=775526

http://legislature.mi.gov/documents/2017-2018/billanalysis/Senate/pdf/2017-SFA-1040-F.pdf

Edit; you can track it in the house here (4th one from the bottom at time of edit)

http://legislature.mi.gov/documents/2017-2018/committeebillrecord/house/htm/2017-HCBR-TRAN.htm

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
below is from a mass email I received

I wanted to thank you for your support. We have passed the transportation committee and now need the bill to go to 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]reading on the House floor.

We need everyone to contact the House Speaker Tom Leonard to ensure S.B. 1040 is on Tuesdays 12/18 Agenda. (contact info removed - link below to look him up) We need everyone to start to contact him ASAP as this is imperative its completed today or by this weekend as come Tuesday it will be too late.

As for Michigan Residence we would also need them to contact their local state representative which can be found at the following link to offer support and recommendation that the bill be placed on Tuesdays agenda. http://house.michigan.gov/MHRPublic/frmFindaRep.aspx
I want to thank everyone for their continued help and support as its crunch time. The bill must pass within 14 days and signed by the Governor before Jan 1.
Sincerely, Tom Tibortz

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
below is from a mass email I received

I wanted to thank you for your support. We have passed the transportation committee and now need the bill to go to 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]reading on the House floor.

We need everyone to contact the House Speaker Tom Leonard to ensure S.B. 1040 is on Tuesdays 12/18 Agenda. (contact info removed - link below to look him up) We need everyone to start to contact him ASAP as this is imperative its completed today or by this weekend as come Tuesday it will be too late.

As for Michigan Residence we would also need them to contact their local state representative which can be found at the following link to offer support and recommendation that the bill be placed on Tuesdays agenda. http://house.michigan.gov/MHRPublic/frmFindaRep.aspx
I want to thank everyone for their continued help and support as its crunch time. The bill must pass within 14 days and signed by the Governor before Jan 1.
Sincerely, Tom Tibortz
So this past through the committee on the 13th and the MVPA guys in detroit waited until today to send out a e-mail. It kinda sounds like they dropped the ball on this one.

Lazboytt

Hello
No ball was dropped. We contacted the MVPA on Friday for further assistance. Email was also sent out on Friday to keep the movement alive and strong. I firmly believe in power in numbers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks