• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Calling on all Michigan Historic Military Vehicle Owners

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as they continue to try and keep the the military historical plate they are not going to get any support from the MV owners I know . This plate will cost the Secratary of State roughly $100,000 to design and the state will never recover that money . Michigan has more critical issues to spend $100,000 on than making a special plate for a handfull of people that will buy it.

Edit; Michigan does not require MV's to display the license plate , they just need to be in the vehicle.

Last edited:

Lazboytt

Start up cost is 90,000 per sos. Also sos has hundreds of plates just like the Detroit tigers plates that just came out. Plates are now printed vs pressed. Either way that’s a mute point as the plate will be removed from the bills as a sacrifice move as was planned. we are just waiting on S1 substitution which also has clarification that the sos does not do the tr54 inspections as those are done by any police officer. Those were the 2 main concerns of the sos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start up cost is 90,000 per sos. Also sos has hundreds of plates just like the Detroit tigers plates that just came out. Plates are now printed vs pressed. Either way that’s a mute point as the plate will be removed from the bills as a sacrifice move as was planned. we are just waiting on S1 substitution which also has clarification that the sos does not do the tr54 inspections as those are done by any police officer. Those were the 2 main concerns of the sos.

$90,000 or $100,000 it just a stupid waste of money to even try and get when no plate is required and our governor is trying to raise the gas tax 300%.
Also those detroit tigers plales will sell a whole lot more and have a annual fee on top of the yearly registration so there is no comparison between the two .

failmailer

From what I’m reading from the history section on that website for the bills, they are looking pretty favorable towards passing hopefully. It would be nice. I’ve been looking into getting a 5ton here in mi, and now I’m even more nervous about not being able to title it.

Lazboytt

To keep the movement going

Please help support by sharing and signing the following petition to support our men and women of this great nation by honoring the vehicles that served along side them safely transporting them from point a to point b and keeping history in motion here in Michigan by allowing registering for on road use. See petition located at change.org listed below

https://www.change.org/p/jocelyn-be...es-such-as-hmmwv-to-be-registered-for-on-road

cucvmule

collector of stuff
To keep the movement going

Please help support by sharing and signing the following petition to support our men and women of this great nation by honoring the vehicles that served along side them safely transporting them from point a to point b and keeping history in motion here in Michigan by allowing registering for on road use. See petition located at change.org listed below

https://www.change.org/p/jocelyn-be...es-such-as-hmmwv-to-be-registered-for-on-road

Kept Going

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reading false statements in various media attributed to the Secretary of State office. I reached out to them in the event that the media may have twisted their statements, to offer facts on the matter.
There response was they were not interested in changing their OPINION on this matter. They also indicated that while they want to prohibit the public from driving these trucks, they are fine with the state and police/sheriff driving these same vehicles on the road. Which directly contradicts their reasoning for not allowing us to use them on the road. Let your state legislators know how you feel about this part of the issue. As not only do we have politicians lying to us, we have un-elected bureaucrats lying to push their agenda!.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there an action plan in the works since that veto error came out?

I must take Governor Gretchen Whitmer on a jeep ride so she can see how fun it is. Has anyone reached out to her to explain what we do with Military Vehicles after public service? Her statement reads like she isn't aware of the usage and capability characteristics of former military vehicles. I'm absolutely sure she'd support some form of agreement if she truly knew the educational and historical presence MV's bring to a community.

She has some great reviews from her constituents so I'm guessing she's a terrific person. She's approved a lot of Bills so her work ethic is substantial. I'd wait until things calm down before contacting her but the weather is nice now and now is a good time for me. There is an education process for those with decision making abilities and who better to teach about MV's than MV owners.

Here's the contact info I'll use to gently explain the present and future importance of preserving constituents ability to drive history.

• Mail:
    Governor Gretchen Whitmer
    P.O. Box 30013
    Lansing, Michigan 48909
  • phone information
    Phone:
    517-373-3400
    517-335-7858 (Constituent Services)

This form can be filled out but I save a copy to a word document. Once you push send the message you type is gone.

This may or may not be a current email so if we can clarify an email contact it would help.

info@gretchenwhitmer.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks