• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7.50x16 tires

Bill Holbrook

I wanted to know what type of tires you guys are running? I want to drive mine on the road as well as off road and snow. I know the stock military type tires are not really the ticket for me. But affordable rubber is a concern as well. I seen Deestone has a a good looking mud grip type 10 ply. I think its a D505 if i remember correctly. Anyone use them? Ive never heard of the company. Are the any good? Any pointers would be great. Thanks in advance for the help.

ClintA

We use Hercules and Power King 10 ply mud and snow, we get them in Bias ply, our pickups never see highway use so I am not sure that will help you. They last about a year or better, lots of rocks here and rough roads and not many flats, knock on wood!!!

Bill Holbrook

Same here, im in the mountains of Kentucky. But i do wanna put it on black top as well. I prefer mud and snow, and bias ply is what im looking for. I still run them on my 48 ford. I will look them up. Thank you ClintA.

Bill Holbrook

Thats what i have on now 2 are from 1941 and the other 2 are from 1952. I just figured i would go back to the stock size.

dmetalmiki

I wanted to know what type of tires you guys are running? I want to drive mine on the road as well as off road and snow. I know the stock military type tires are not really the ticket for me. But affordable rubber is a concern as well. I seen Deestone has a a good looking mud grip type 10 ply. I think its a D505 if i remember correctly. Anyone use them? Ive never heard of the company. Are the any good? Any pointers would be great. Thanks in advance for the help.
You say, "I want to drive mine on the road as well as off road"

Your What? It would be more illuminating if you put in your post what Vehicle the tires are required for. Different vehicles require (and or use) different tires for the same application.
For example all my wartime jeeps, Willys and Ford are on round shoulder 700x16 tires which are actually better than the orriginal 600x16 off road and on road.
My Austin champ can go to 900x16 no problem. Both modifications result in lower RPM at an easier cruising speed, and slightly better M.P.G. The 900x16 would be useless on the jeeps and the 600x16s inefficient on the champ.
There must be 1000's of like vehicle types and comparisons.

Last edited:

Bill Holbrook

Oh sorry didnt think about that but if it matters as to the truck its a 1941 dodge wc 9. Its pretty much stock motor and drive train. I live in the mountains and plan on using it off road as well as black top. Im bought it from the original owners family. It was active on a farm until about 2/3 years ago. Thanks for any help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks