• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana - State Asking for NHTSA sticker for deuce titled and registered in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt there is “some senator”here. It’s a beuracrat who made this decision on their own. A clean form 97 is the same as any title . It’s also the same document issue with the sale of any govt vehicle with the FMSS label. Further on the state of Louisiana dmv page it states
DEFINITION
Standard Form "SF97" (U.S. Government Certificate to Obtain Title to a Vehicle) and "DA 3772" form (Louisiana Division of Administration Sales), are the official documents required to transfer ownership of a federal or state owned vehicle to another entity.

REQUIREMENTS
  • An "SF97" or "DA-3772" form will be accepted in lieu of a title or a Manufacture's Certificate of Origin
  • A completed vehicle application form (DPSMV 1799)
  • A notarized bill of sale which includes the odometer reading
  • An affidavit of physical inspection is required only when there is an invalid character within the identification number or the V.I.N. fails the edit check. The physical inspection must be performed by a full-time Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified law enforcement officer who has been trained and certified by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections, Office of State Police, to inspect motor vehicles.
  • Vehicle application form 1631 if applying for a public license plate
  • Applicable fees and taxes

http://dpsweb.dps.louisiana.gov/omv...a3520038317614518625667f00589f1c?OpenDocument

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They even have a provision for on road titles for the mini trucks which in no way meet federal safety standards and are not 25 years old.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Further according to Louisiana law antigue tags are available for anything 25 years old or older which is 1993.

LICENSE PLATES FOR ANTIQUE, CLASSIC OR VINTAGE MOTOR VEHICLES
[HR][/HR]POLICY:[HR][/HR]​

To View Louisiana Statutes: http://www.legis.state.la.us/
To view Special Plates: http://omv.dps.state.la.us/

AUTHORITY
R.S. 47:462
R.S. 47:463.8

DEFINITION
The law provides for the issuance of special license plates for antique, classic or vintage motor vehicles that are twenty five (25) years or older.

ELIGIBILITY
Any private passenger automobile, van, private truck up to 16,000 lbs, motor home, or motorcycle which is at least twenty-five (25) years old and which has been restored to its original condition without modifications contrary to stock specifications, is eligible for this plate.

REQUIREMENTS
All applications for initial issuance or transfer of an Antique license plate must be accompanied by:
  • A current color photograph of the vehicle.
  • A notarized affidavit (DPSMV 1911) attesting to the fact that the vehicle has been restored to its original condition without modifications contrary to stock specifications
  • OR a photocopy of a card showing applicant's membership in an antique car club.

Note:
  • The requirements must also be submitted when the vehicle is sold, if the new owner chooses to retain the plate.
  • If the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name, proper title documentation and fees must be submitted along with the request for the Antique license plate.

FEES
  • $25.00 - one-time fee.
  • $8.00 - handling fee
  • $3.50 - administrative handling fee due only on initial issuance.
  • $3.00 - transfer fee if transferring to a new owner
  • $36.50 - $25.00 one-time fee, $8.00 handling fee, and $3.50 administrative handling fee to convert to the special plate.
NOTES:
  • This is a lifetime plate with no renewal.
  • Credit is not allowed on the $25.00 one-time fee.

Antique Plate Affidavit 1911 (R1213).pdf

RELATED POLICIES
Section IV 2.00 Basic Requirements for Titling a Vehicle
8.01 Application for Title on Antique, Classic, or Vintage Vehicles When No Current Record of Ownership Exists

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lastly Louisiana has a provision to register privately owned former military vehicles using the original military vehicle identification number .

You guys are dealing with a low level bureaucrat who does not know the current law.

To view Special Plates: http://omv.dps.state.la.us/
To View Louisiana Statutes: http://www.legis.state.la.us/

AUTHORITY
R.S. 47:490.16 (C)

DEFINITION
In lieu of the license plate, the Secretary shall authorize the use of the military vehicle identification number stenciled on the vehicle in white or yellow letters and numbers in accordance with military regulations.

ELIGIBILITY
There are no eligibility requirements for Use of Military VIN in lieu of license plate.

REQUIREMENTS
  • A current color picture showing the military VIN that is stenciled on the vehicle
  • An affidavit of physical inspection. The physical inspection must be performed by a full-time Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) certified law enforcement officer who has been certified by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections, Office of State Police, to inspect motor vehicles.

FEES

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mentioned to DMV that the large 5-tons were used mainly for parades, rallies and deep water rescue during the south LA floods of Aug 2016 and the Houston floods last year. (Remember Sarge coming to the rescue after Katrina)? When I said a number of law enforcement agencies around here got 5-ton trucks for deep water rescue, they said the letters were also going out to various sheriff and police departments. So private trucks are not the only affected vehicles. Actually, I think this is a good thing, because the "Cajun Army" is a potential reserve of vehicles available for citizen rescue during floods and hurricanes (as has actually happened several times starting during Katrina). Eliminating them can not be a good public relations move.

The agents we deal with are not the ones pushing this change, and arguing with them is not going to accomplish anything, and is probably counterproductive. It is coming from some higher level bureaucrat with the power to establish policy. We just need to get the legislature to change the LA State Code to accept the mil-standard criteria (used as a minimum standard to allow current military vehicles to travel on US highways) as a suitable alternative for former military vehicles, following the precedent of other states, and to potentially save lives and property during emergencies.

Last edited:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
So it looks like Tabatha has been put into a box over all the attention instead of letting her find a clean way to do the titling or respond before her name was put all over the net.:drool:

Not trying to be, or cause issues but maybe this is not the place to use a persons name in public forum who is trying to help you out of a difficult situation. Hope the Women did not lose her only source of income trying to help. Maybe a pm or keep on the downlow but never BURN down your bridges till anarchy reins.

Unfortunately with all the liberals creating problems, anything military related gets scrutinized as to be the deathmobile.

In Missouri innovation of the law usually works for a year or three, then the Missouri Highway Patrol gets involved and has the law amended to include or eliminates the controversy altogether. So in Missouri the Patrol has input in how the law is applied and if changes or clarification is needed.

So the state wants one, revenue, two, revenue, three, safety and revenue.

undysworld

So it looks like Tabatha has been put into a box over all the attention instead of letting her find a clean way to do the titling or respond before her name was put all over the net.:drool:

Not trying to be, or cause issues but maybe this is not the place to use a persons name in public forum who is trying to help you out of a difficult situation. Hope the Women did not lose her only source of income trying to help. Maybe a pm or keep on the downlow but never BURN down your bridges till anarchy reins.

Unfortunately with all the liberals creating problems, anything military related gets scrutinized as to be the deathmobile.

In Missouri innovation of the law usually works for a year or three, then the Missouri Highway Patrol gets involved and has the law amended to include or eliminates the controversy altogether. So in Missouri the Patrol has input in how the law is applied and if changes or clarification is needed.

So the state wants one, revenue, two, revenue, three, safety and revenue.
So true... A few comments:

DOT's absolutely monitor what goes is said on vehicle-related forums. Putting Tabatha's name out there was unfortunate. Her disappearance was predictable. Forums are our hope, pm's are our salvation.

Anarchy is no answer. Laws are what makes this country tick, so change the dang laws. Don't go talking about anarchy, at least here - it'll just get the thread locked down.

Liberals? IMHO, it's got nothin' to do with liberals or conservatives. Matter of fact, some of the biggest supporters of your rights to own/drive military vehicles are liberals too. Enjoying military vehicles should be a bi-partisan hobby. Blaming "liberals" only serves to divide people, and if you really want to change the law/s in a positive manner, then you want to unite people, not divide them.

Sure, some folks are just scared for no reason. But often, (military) vehicles get labeled a "deathmobile" because some owner does something phenomenally stupid with their vehicle - like driving them through a park https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?92556-NJ-seeks-to-ban-MV-s-in-state-forests, or the like. Best thing/s we can do is behave ourselves and self-police others to discourage bad behavior of owners.

State Patrol (and state DOT's) are actually charged with making our highways and vehicles safe(r). They are supposed to promote safe practices, and they are considered authorities on it, so legislators are inclined to listen to them. But that doesn't make them always right. and sometimes they get it wrong.

You're right, that the state wants the income from licensing our vehicles. It's our job to demonstrate that these vehicles DO meet relevant equipment standards and to change the laws in a manner that allows us to keep them on the road.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Well maybe using the word "anarchy" was not the word that should have been used. The word was meant to be used as the"last chance", not the end of the world. I believe the word may be taken out of context by some, if so that was not my intention.

There are so many laws on the State and Federal level now that by creating more to only scrutinize either the meaning of words or machines or equipment that the only thing that is accomplished is to define further the original intention, so that they can legislate you out because they do not like that green or black thing. Divide and Conquer, Death by a Thousand Cuts. Change a word here, change the meaning there and there you have it. Today it is the 5 Ton, then the Duce, so on and so forth.

I also believe that we need to unite us as a Country, or State but that we all progress through life on our own path. As such we are The Republic of The United States, not The Democracy of The United States. Perhaps I should not use the word "liberal" on the forum, I did not intend to discriminate or divide us in the hobby or lifestyle that we chose to participate in.

Again it was not my intention to Divide our military equipment community. I also agree that every citizen that votes and exercises their right to vote, participate in the process of the Republic has the right to "express themselves in a lawful way. I DO Participate, I write my Senators, I have met with my Congressman, and I write every month, perhaps weekly. I attend local City Meetings, and do express my opinion on local Business. To be involved takes more than watching the television.

I would at this time Thank Steel Soldiers for the Forum, and the Members, in which everyone can discuss MV and equipment. And that I am here to participate with Decorum and Honesty not to be facetious.

Flyingvan911

There will always be in element in society, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement who will say, “you can’t have/do that because I/we don’t like it.” The key is to be responsible and patriotic citizens involved in the process as much as possible. Sometimes it means voting or making phone calls, sometimes it might mean running for public office or trying to be as involved as possibile with our leaders. For the military vehicle hobby we need to (continue to) show that we are reasonable people who maintain and operate our vehicles in a safe and reliable manner. We will, from time to time, need to get involved to make reasonable and logical arguments against laws and organizations that seek to limit our liberties due to whatever motivations within those groups.

We shouldn’t decide friend or foe based on political party. In Virginia it was a Democrat who seemed to amend a bill to give us more latitude in registering and operating out vehicles. The Republican was working to vote in the more restrictive bill.

Al Capone

We knew this was coming from inside sources way back in September . We tried to to tell everyone but they would not listen . We have been fighting this and ripsaw who lot of people bashed has spent months gathering incriminating information against omv and other agency’s I won’t mention at moment . We have a lawyer lined up and he has viewed all data ripsaw has compiled and said rip did all the work already . I have started a list of affected owners affected up to this point . When we meet enough people it becomes class action suit. We have senators involved . We have a hearing requested with vehicle commision which I want as many people as possible to come . Also requested a meeting with govenor . No one will say who implemented this . I believe it was two people at top of omv . Cause dps people know nothing abit it . Send me pm with name and contact info to join the pending lawsuit

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm from Georgia so technically this doesn't affect me now but these things spread. At some point please set up a go fund me page so others that can't be there can help. Thanks for keeping us up to date and good luck.

Micro

gentrysgarage

I donated, as has been shown with the uniform codes, it's only a matter of time before it spreads to the state you are in. Thank You for getting the ball rolling!

Ripsaw

Thanks to Gentry's Garage. You really helped getting the ball rolling yourself. Donations are steadily coming in now. Just over 24 hrs. ago it was set up. Impressive guys.
Well done! If everyone keeps helping, we can beat this down and move on to other states where other guys need help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks