• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana - State Asking for NHTSA sticker for deuce titled and registered in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

acesneights1

There's how many members on this site ? And only 735$ so far ? Ok I'm gonna be an *******...I am sick of hearing whining babies cry on FB or here about what's going on.
Think this is only gonna happen in LA ? It's a deep red state....it will spread like cancer if not put down. I just donated what I could and every bit helps. Put up or shut up. Crying doesn't win legal fights, money does. With the miney we spend on these trucks we can afford atleast 50$ each to the cause. What does it take ? The guy spearheading this has out how much time and effort into the fight ? It took me less than 2 mins to donate. We cannot afford to lose this.

gottaluvit

Hopefully more than ten people think we should be able to drive our trucks on the road. Thanks to all down there that use these vehicles to help others in times of disaster. That should shame those that think only the police and other public servants help people. Yes, they do a lot for us and are greatly appreciated but most citizens step up in times of need and having these trucks legal for highway use helps us to help others.

frodobaggins

As for Tabitha, along with every single government employee that I have interviewed and questioned, don't worry about them. Their information is a matter of public record. If they do not wish to be called out for aggression against individuals in this state or country, let them find a real job.
Let it be noted, that Tabitha, has always been VERY helpful.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gave a small amount................this isn't just about LA, it's about us all and how we enjoy our vehicles...................The go-fund me page is on page 8 of this thread, suggest if you enjoy your vehicles, ya might wanna make a donation.

Al Capone

Ripsaw is very good friend of mine and started helping me on this fight as a favor and know it has developed into a huge fight . He spends large parts of each day on phone with people and researching and recording data . Every phone call and email that’s not returned by omv and other public officials is being documented. Rick has no dog in this fight besides trying to help. He does not even own a military vehicle . He just knows difference between right and wrong . And this is wrong he says and he will help see this thru to the end ! Thanks for all who donated so far . I know there are a ton of la owners . Guess they gonna wait for their letter before donating . All la owners contact me so I can add you to the list . I hope the meeting with govenor will stop this stupid mess.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Possible banner here on S.S. in Vendor areas? Isn't just about LA, it's about us all. Possible to keep on first page of post? IDK what mods or Adm can do to help this issue???

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks microjeep, you are correct. Al told me on the phone awhile ago and I agreed. I set up the go fund me under Save the Humvee/Military Vehicles,
and they said they would post to my newly made facebook page. That facebook page is listed Rick Bowen, my real name. I
hope I can be of service to many of you. We have a high powered attorney
in Baton Rouge but I will not release his name until I clear it with him Monday. These funds will all go to fight this cause only.
https://www.gofundme.com/save-the-humveemilitary-vehicles

When I am done in La., I am moving on to MS, then all the other states in turn until we have a nationwide consensus on their ridiculous rulings. The idea that the States can violate Federal Law with no oversight, is unacceptable to me. This is not the country I fought for. I made them aware that they are in violation of Title 49 C.F.R., which states that "No State can make a more stringent requirement, than the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, ..." and they are, because the standard itself says under section 301, that any vehicle that is 25 years or older is not applicable.
Senator John Kennedy's office has told me that they will step in, if the States do not cease and desist, if I can prove they are in violation of Federal Law or Statute. Our lawyer said that once they issue the revocation letters, they have proven that they are in violation....because it is a more stringent requirement.

I put the goal on the go fund me account for enough to take this to the Superior Court in La., then Federal District Court in Baton Rouge if we lose and have to appeal, after that, it is anybody's guess if it will have to go to the Supreme Court. If it did, it would set the nationwide precedent that we so badly need, but will be more costly than my listed goal.

Thanks for any support or help you may be. We have to fight this as one tight unit.
Should try to get it on First post of every new page to keep it current

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks microjeep, you are correct. Al told me on the phone awhile ago and I agreed. I set up the go fund me under Save the Humvee/Military Vehicles,
and they said they would post to my newly made facebook page. That facebook page is listed Rick Bowen, my real name. I
hope I can be of service to many of you. We have a high powered attorney
in Baton Rouge but I will not release his name until I clear it with him Monday. These funds will all go to fight this cause only.
https://www.gofundme.com/save-the-humveemilitary-vehicles

When I am done in La., I am moving on to MS, then all the other states in turn until we have a nationwide consensus on their ridiculous rulings. The idea that the States can violate Federal Law with no oversight, is unacceptable to me. This is not the country I fought for. I made them aware that they are in violation of Title 49 C.F.R., which states that "No State can make a more stringent requirement, than the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, ..." and they are, because the standard itself says under section 301, that any vehicle that is 25 years or older is not applicable.
Senator John Kennedy's office has told me that they will step in, if the States do not cease and desist, if I can prove they are in violation of Federal Law or Statute. Our lawyer said that once they issue the revocation letters, they have proven that they are in violation....because it is a more stringent requirement.

I put the goal on the go fund me account for enough to take this to the Superior Court in La., then Federal District Court in Baton Rouge if we lose and have to appeal, after that, it is anybody's guess if it will have to go to the Supreme Court. If it did, it would set the nationwide precedent that we so badly need, but will be more costly than my listed goal.

Thanks for any support or help you may be. We have to fight this as one tight unit.
Just reply with quote after each post on the 10's

undysworld

I hope you raise enough for your purpose. But I've got to admit I'm not holding my breath.

Speaking personally, I've been dealing with this (and other) issues here in Wisconsin since... ...Sept. 26, 2007. So far, I've been "paid" one Quarter-Pounder and a Coke at McDonalds. Ten years later, and I'm easily $2K deep from my own funds. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I started my fight for my own green truck and the DOT atty (hi, P.N.) pi$$ed me off so much that I swore I'd never give up. I never did. I got myself into it willingly, if not happily.

Along the way, MajorTom stepped up to fight alongside me, many others helped a lot, and THOUSANDS of owners here supported our efforts. Our collective work has benefitted countless other people in Wis., and I'm thankful for that effect. But we did it ourselves, we didn't (couldn't afford to) hire an attorney to do it for us. (We were asked for a $20K retainer for one to start working on the issue.) FWIW, legislators responded well to our grassroots efforts.

Given that registration is a state responsibility, the issue is unique to each state, and therefor the fight will need to be fought in each affected state. I suspect that funds would need to be raised for each state.

You might think that people who could afford to buy a truck and keep it running would also be able to afford to donate to the fight. How much do we each spend every year in licensing and insurance fees (not to mention fuel, oil, tires...), often for nothing more than the joy of driving to a few car shows or a parade during the course of a year? If you "USE" your truck, like for agriculture, forestry, construction, etc., how much is having that truck registered worth to you? (How much would it cost you to replace it with a FMVSS-compliant vehicle of comparable capabilities, like an off-road-ready 6x6 etc.??

There will be a cost to defending your rights to register these trucks in Louisiana. Unless that price gets paid, the future doesn't look great. It either costs money or personal time, like Ripsaw's.

You guys might think about adding the gofundme info to your signatures. That way the info's on every post you make.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Paul, for all the info you sent us. It will help a lot. I can picture exactly how your fight went in Wisconsin. I know because I have been through something similar as this before. I actually told Al almost a month ago, everything that would happen, in what order, and when it would happen..... Not just that, but how it would happen. I was correct on every last thing I predicted. What's even more scary, is I know what is coming next, and there is no stopping it. We just have to roll through it.....or over it.

Just a little backtracking for you and mule for a second, from the benefit of my years of experience in this field,....the word anarchy comes from the ancient Greek "an" meaning without, and the ancient Greek "archy", meaning rulers....without rulers. It doesn't mean the absence of rules, it means the absence of rulers. Isn't that why we fought King George in the war for independence? so we didn't have a tyrant ruling over us any longer that lived across an ocean?

Somehow this word and it's use in modern society has escaped everyone. It is now portrayed as a bad thing and used in media coverage of violence, and the reporters scream, "It's total anarchy over here" ...... and the bombs are going off in the background...... It's pretty comical for a guy like me that knows the truth about the word. Anarchy is a good thing for those who believe in a voluntary society and have the moral code to follow the do no harm rule, give every man his due, and treat others as you would have them treat you....also known as the golden rule. This country was ran under those very concepts, and only those concepts, for over 150 years before there ever was a so called government here.

It was only after less than 150 individuals calling themselves representatives and organizers decided to hold a constitutional convention and form a government and did so, did the trouble begin here in America. None of the existing people back then even had a choice, or were ever even asked if they wanted a government. They may have chosen to have a certain person or persons speak for their community or "state", but none were counseled on the formation of this new government. There was no choice, it was pay us, or go to jail, the same as it was under the king.

The successful business men of the time, the outlaw Rum runners and smugglers, also known to some as founding fathers, got the idea in their head that they could get money out of everyone in America by forming a government and taxing them. (stealing their money, under the guise of using it to protect them) Keep in mind, that these very same successful people from the 12 original colonies were the same ones that put the scribblings of the insane on four pieces of parchment (animal skin) and convinced everyone in America that it made sense and we should support it. That written instrument was called the Constitution. I am as patriotic as the next guy, and I served this country during the end of the Vietnam conflict. ( back then, it was called a police action) But that was before I learned the truth.

These rich, white slave owners that wrote, 'All men are created equal"....That is of course, all men except our negro slaves. WTH? ....and the entire country fell for it. So these people we are up against in this Humvee fight, are not stupid. To the contrary, they are very smart. They are so smart, that later, between 1929 and 1933, they actually conned everyone in America to give up their Gold and Silver, for worthless pieces of paper. How's that working out for your wives today, when they go to the grocery store to buy food for your children? Or pay the Doctor bills for a sick young'un?

So, I'm not trying to get political, and I know the rules here now, I'm just trying to show everyone what and who we are up against and what a hard fight this is truly going to be. Everything I posted is fact. History. Sad history, but true and provable history. One more last thing to drive you crazy thinking about, if this isn't enough already, in these declarations, constitutions, etc. etc. they actually wrote (paraphrasing)...that when a government becomes too oppressive or tyrannical over the people, it is not only our right, but our duty to overthrow such government, and replace it with something that is better or that works....... and now, let that sentence soak in a minute...okay, that's enough,... now there are actually criminal anarchy statutes in almost every state.....Meaning, you can be arrested for even threatening to institute a "no rulers" policy! In other words, first they said we can fire them and get rid of them, then they said we can't fire them and get rid of them...... Think about it. Which is it? They can't have it both ways. As Spock would say, "That is illogical."

If anyone here believes that makes any sense at all, you should come sit in during the Commissioner hearing that is coming up soon, and you will be wide awake after that. I can guarantee it. You will have a true moment of clarity of what is really going on in government, on a state level. I can give you all a prediction now. They will say, "You will do it because we said so, or else." The reason I know this, is because that is what they already told me! No facts, no evidence to back up their claims, no witnesses, nothing. Just do it or else, we will revoke the titles and you will turn in your tags. Gentlemen, that is known as something that is being done arbitrarily. Anything done arbitrarily in this country, is a violation of your due process under the law. That is known as Black Letter Law. (written in stone)

Anyway, that's enough school call for now, we appreciate all the support and help with donations, and I hope some of you don't hold back from donating because you think I am some kind of rebel, I'm not, I just like the truth, and studying history and the law.....and I like Humvees!
Best regards to all......rip
That's a great opinion , but you seemed to leave out the fact before those 150 guys say created rules and consitution , they were still ruled ( including being taxed) by England , France and Spain depending on the area of the county.

Last edited by a moderator:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Ripsaw I was planning on donating until your little screed. I personally swore a Solemn Oath to protect that piece of parchment and that has never been rescinded and it is worth more than all the privately owned MVs in the country. You folks in LA might want a different face for your fight because I don’t think you want something like he just wrote popping up anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks