• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The definition of frustration is........

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nothing, it feels like a fuel problem, about the only system I didn't touch.
Hey if you didn't touch it then you can't be blamed. Did anybody else mess with it? Blame them.
Hey, I am 9713 miles away, not to far from the complete opposite side of the world, but do understand frustration.

Last edited:

Aussiecowboy

It was after a stretch of about 5 minutes at 55mph, it lost power and started running rough, recovered a bit and then stopped. I waited a few minutes and it started after a bit of cranking and then seemed fine, I babied it home and haven't started it since. I reckon it was starving for fuel, could be filters, pump, air leak on the suction side, I have some diagnostics to do when I find the time.

dmetalmiki

Easy peezy (Mate!). Change ye'r fuel filters and away you go again. The exact same thing happened to me. Only I don't 'do' stranded. So took out the filters and got back home no problems. Are you running the goat on contam?. We do, and have for about 8 years. again, No problems. We do however as a matter of course change the fuel filters on ALL the trucks every 24 months.

Last edited:

Aussiecowboy

If only it was that easy, the filters are all new wi maybe 20 miles on them and I cleaned the tanks out before I changed them. Will pull them to check anyway but I'd be surprised if it was that easy. I've been meaning to add a fuel pressure gauge to the second filter so this might be the right time. I don't do stranded either, I did make it home under my own power. I don't know what contam is?

m38inmaine

One cheap way to check fuel supply/pressure is to disconnect the return line on the drivers side tank, attach a piece of rubber fuel hose over the end and place the hose in a container. Start the engine and you should have a high pressure stream of fuel if its working properly. If the stream is weak or pulsing you have a fuel delivery problem.

dmetalmiki

'Contam' is what we run all our trucks on. People are always putting the wrong 'go stuff' in their motors, (Petrol in diesels things.. or, diesel in petrol things(bless'em!)), and with waste auto transmission fluid filtered down to 1 micron, it is very high cetane, and gives smooth engine running and power,

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can’t run ATF in the States as they dye off-road diesel red. If you get caught with red fuel in your tank on the road it’s a hefty, hefty fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks