• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm, Didn't Think It All The Way Through

Barrman

When I had the Gasser down to just the frame and running gear, I looked at everything, read the manual about the part and adjusted the part to the specs called for. This I thought was great. My clutch and brake pedals were way out of spec for free play. I thought I was saving time by doing all this adjusting with the cab off and being able to stand while doing it.

Then I put the cab back on. I got around to putting the pedals back in last week. I had no free play at all. So, I crawled under the truck and put them both real close to where they were before I messed with them.

The lesson here is don't adjust your brake and clutch free play with the cab off. The cab floor pushed the pedals down a good bit compared to how they stand up without the cab there.

Barrman

I don't really have a process to weigh it. But, I would guess in the 500-700 range. I arrive at that because I can not pick it up, yet I can move a side up an inch or two if I use my legs. My overhead electric hoist is rated at 880 pounds and it picks it up ok. It is a harbor Freight cheapy, so we all know it isn't going to exceed its rated capacity.

RJ, I got the battery door and front cover on last night along with the spare tire hoist, drivers seat box and air cleaner. Now I am waiting on the weather to let me sand and cover more parts. I have no more green parts to put on the truck right now.

Here are the battery compartment and air cleaner. The air cleaner with all the lines hooked up really makes it look like a truck again. Of course, I haven't hooked up the fuel tank vent yet because I still have to cut and bend it. The air compressor line I don't want to install until I get the fender on so I can see what will interfere with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks