• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signals

1SGMRET

When you put signals on the box clicks but no lights work and I can find no voltage on wires 460-461,at the control box. This is not solid state control. TM says no repair, replace with solid state. Where do I go from here?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. Ah the old Spartan box with all the screw terminals. I would open it and look for anything obvious, like moisture damage. The box is not easy to find these days. You may have to replace with the newer style like the manual suggests.

SgtMajHarper

I am in the process of trying to get the signals working on my Goat. The indicator light on the signal arm stays steady when switched. Today I took the panel off the passenger compartment expecting to find the old style Spartan box, but instead it had a solid state flasher unit. I took the old Spartan box off of my M715 last year and installed a solid state flasher. If you can't fix yours or find a replacement, let me know and maybe my old take off part will work for you.

m38inmaine

There is a good trouble shooting guide near the front in the -20 for the M561 for the turn signals. I converted mine to solid state, simple process and is outlined in the -20 manual, you will need a turn signal, flasher and harness. All the solid state parts are common to the M series trucks and can easily be found. The lamp housings are prone to corrosion so check all your bulbs for a good connection. 1SGMRET would love to see pictures of your machine, welcome aboard.

Last edited:

SgtMajHarper

I got anew solid state flasher unit in the mail from a popular E-mail type site that sells lots of stuff. Screwed on the wiring harness, bolted it to the dash plate, turned on the master switch and raised the turn signal arm.......Woooo Hoooo !!! Did a quick walk round flipping the switch up and down and checked the hazards....all good to go. The best 15 minutes of the day.

Spartan box available if anyone needs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks