• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a2 ARB Air Locker Questions

TehTDK

Can't turn because of no power steering? I have lockers in all 3 axles and turns perfect at all speeds with all 3 locked. Just curious. I don't have air lockers but wish I would have put them in! Maybe next time.

I have a few video on you tube with lockers engaged. They are on this site somewhere as well i think.
Do you have power steering on yours?. Because that would explain it. A regular jeep with full 4x4 with full 3 way lock is hard to get to steer unless you are in snow/ice/sand or such. On a road its hard and its certainly not adviseable due to all the torque that gets wound up in the halfshafts and will end up snapping them at some point.

But an M35 with full lockers engaged and no power steering I would say will be a handfull to steer even on sand etc. And if you are stuck in a rutt??. You are out of luck

HN6

Do you have power steering on yours?. Because that would explain it. A regular jeep with full 4x4 with full 3 way lock is hard to get to steer unless you are in snow/ice/sand or such. On a road its hard and its certainly not adviseable due to all the torque that gets wound up in the halfshafts and will end up snapping them at some point.

But an M35 with full lockers engaged and no power steering I would say will be a handfull to steer even on sand etc. And if you are stuck in a rutt??. You are out of luck
Yes, I have hydraulic steering. I drove it once off road with it and that didn't last long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks