• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Service Your Air Dryer

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Current civilian Haldex mentioned earlier finally installed on 915 slick. 916/920 is the same. Unit does not fit too well in this spot, but it fits. Needed a 8" longer piece of 5/8" airbrake tube to get to the tank.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't believe there would be knock offs but what I look for is all the ports are in the same place. I did my MTV and got a NOS one cheap from a member here and all I had to do was add a bushing to the control line port. All my lines had the correct length and hook up with no problem. If the ports are not in the same place you might find you have to reroute or add more line to reach the ports.

Anvilface

Allie, it's not hard to do. There are 4 9/16s bolts holding the unit to the bracket. Or you can loosen the band and remove the small bolt on the bottom of the bracket. Unhook all the lines, and unplug the heater.

Once it's out, you can remove the dust cover from the heater (on the bottom). There is a snap ring inside that holds the plastic valve in place. The dessicant can on top spins off like a regular oil filter type. I would suggest removing that before removing the whole unit from the truck though. They are supposed to be hand tight only, but it seems that with age it feels like they were all installed by Hercules.

Clean that bugger out, wash everything well. New canister, and plastic purge valve...you should be good to go.

allie

Allie, it's not hard to do. There are 4 9/16s bolts holding the unit to the bracket. Or you can loosen the band and remove the small bolt on the bottom of the bracket. Unhook all the lines, and unplug the heater.

Once it's out, you can remove the dust cover from the heater (on the bottom). There is a snap ring inside that holds the plastic valve in place. The dessicant can on top spins off like a regular oil filter type. I would suggest removing that before removing the whole unit from the truck though. They are supposed to be hand tight only, but it seems that with age it feels like they were all installed by Hercules.

Clean that bugger out, wash everything well. New canister, and plastic purge valve...you should be good to go.
Great tips. I thank you!!

Al

SUPERSPORT

I’m thinking Napa might have a replacement I’ll try in the morning.thanks!!
I think they have the PURest that everyone was upgrading with but it's like $334.
Is that the one you are looking at?

I was ready to order one for the convenience, direct fit. Plug and play. It comes with the adapter plate also.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Didn’t wanna spend that much. Maybe rebuild. What about original replacement
Original rebuilds are pricey. The part numbers are in the spreadsheet

A turbo 2000 unit off Ebay in my thread is around $200 shipped

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I can do that without issues I will. Do you know what it’s for though
thanks
al
For the diagnostics of the PT and engine. If I remember that port was rail pressure. I can't remember the short letters used for the scan tool. Sure someone will know the correct letters. STEC/something something??? Plug it as Wes said.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
STE/ICESimplified Test Equipment for Internal Combustion Engines

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks