• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Service Your Air Dryer

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doghead has often admonished folks having air issues to service their air dryer. He's right. Service your air dryer!!! I don't think mine had EVER been serviced.

AD1.jpgAD2.jpgAD3.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Doghead has often admonished folks having air issues to service their air dryer. He's right. Service your air dryer!!! I don't think mine had EVER been serviced.

View attachment 722406View attachment 722407View attachment 722408

That is just from moisture sitting in there for probably 4 to 8 years that the truck sat on the lot. Not uncommon.

They do make alot of a mess though even working hard. I had a constant pretty significant air leak for around 5000 miles over my last trip due to a broken fitting in the governor. This was the result. My compressor doesn't have alot of miles on it either.

Attachments

Jericho

Ben I ve done the same mod good investment ! its painless , never had to drill a hole , takes about 45 min with a cup of tea

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Service or replace? I just ordered a new Haldex DA34100 to replace the prehistoric AD-1 on my 915 which works, but who know how well. $270 shipped on ebay.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the 12 volt version as the 915 is 12 volts. The instructions say the unit can be used with both voltages, but there is a different model which is 24 volt specific, so that is somewhat confusing.

Reactions: HDN

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did you get a 24 volt version? Or can the dryers handle both? Every where Ive looked says it can handle both 12v and 24v but not option when ordering?
Your heater off the PureAir version that came on the 5 ton trucks will transfer over to a Purest dryer. The heater just snugs under the dust cover. They are interchangeable.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Simp5782. You were "testing" an air dryer from another member. Can not remember who but I had contacted him and he said you were the guinea pig and to wait until your review?? Maybe Fuzzy?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Simp5782. You were "testing" an air dryer from another member. Can not remember who but I had contacted him and he said you were the guinea pig and to wait until your review?? Maybe Fuzzy?
Its. Wabco one. Thers is a thread on it. You have to drill out a port on the dryer for the control line from the firewall governer. Block one port off on the front and install the Air in and air out fittings. Works fine. Its 30lbs lighter than the stock air dryer.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

SUPERSPORT

Its. Wabco one. Thers is a thread on it. You have to drill out a port on the dryer for the control line from the firewall governer. Block one port off on the front and install the Air in and air out fittings. Works fine. Its 30lbs lighter than the stock air dryer.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Link to that thread?
I'm stuck on stupid phone and can't maneuver worth a crap.

I need a dryer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks