• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Service Your Air Dryer

allie

Gonna do it! Have one more issue I wish I could fix. Engine doesn’t shut Down with switches I have to pull the emergency shutoff then open hood and reset it so I can start it
Thank you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if the thumbwheel on the shut off solenoid has been screwed, to manually override the solenoid.

allie

Ok thumb screw was all the way In. I backed it off all the way and truck wouldn’t start , wasn’t getting fuel. I then screwed it back in just not all the way and it now runs , shuts off and starts with the switches. Hope that screw doesn’t back out on its own from vibration.

The canister wasn’t leaking it’s leaking from above that and in an area I can’t figure out how to get to. I took a video and some pictures of it leaking. Gonna try to post them.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok thumb screw was all the way In. I backed it off all the way and truck wouldn’t start , wasn’t getting fuel. I then screwed it back in just not all the way and it now runs , shuts off and starts with the switches. Hope that screw doesn’t back out on its own from vibration.

The canister wasn’t leaking it’s leaking from above that and in an area I can’t figure out how to get to. I took a video and some pictures of it leaking. Gonna try to post them.
If it doesn't run with it all the way out you still have a issue that needs to be addressed . it sounds like the fuel solenoid is going bad .

https://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/fucova24vofo.html

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks