• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP Fuel gauge

CapePrep

So, figured out that my fuel gauge was bad. Did all the testing thru the TM's(they are very useful!). Took it out and used another from another unit I had. Also dismantled the "bad" one. Basically it is a little electric type motor with 4 hair thin wires connected to the misc terminals. I realized mine had one wire burned off. It was wired incorrectly outside the gauge and had 2 power wires connected to the sender point of contact! Can't fix stupid. So, started looking for a replacement. Posted in classifieds here, looked on fleabay, as well as other places. No one had anything. Searched for 24 volt fuel gauge. Found the following. Was not cheap, but installed today. Looks very much luck stock, works perfectly! Just wanted to provide the information for those that might be in same situation. The company also had other gauges for those that are in need.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JoNTrIM5Yk
IMG_8138.jpgIMG_8139.jpgIMG_8140.jpgIMG_8142.jpgIMG_8143.jpg

smokem joe

Also, I had one miswired in the exact same way as Capeprep. Took me a couple hours to trace the wiring down and figure out what they did. Since then I've found two more with the same bad hookup. Seems to be a common mistake on someone's part!

Zed254

MEP802A Fuel Gauge

A year + later and I'm in the same position. Repaired a fuel leak on my 802 and noticed problems with Fuel gauge. TM troubleshooting confirmed bad gauge. All 3 of these 2" gauges showed signs of an operator tapping on them - nicks in paint, small dents. I had already changed out the Coolant Temperature gauge and now needed a Fuel gauge. Only thing I could find was just short of $50 delivered until I found this outfit: https://armysurpluswarehouse.com/ . Search the site for "Military Issue Fuel Gauge" to find a Teleflex "Military Issue USA Made Fuel Gauge. NSN# 6680-00-532-8925. 24 volt. P/N 40220065." Cost me $30.54 for 2 gauges to my door. Works well in my MEP802A....as long as you can get past the shiny Aluminum dial ring...... Parttarget did not give me an ohm range: https://www.parttarget.com/6680-00-...ption=nsn&originalsearchtext=6680-00-532-8925 but as I've already stated it works well with my 802. I just ran a 2 hour test starting at ~1/2 tank full and the Aux pump filled it back up to 3/4 full when the fuel level got between 1/4 and 1/2 full.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks