• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally volunteers thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So, I forgot to create this one when I created the rally thread and the rally buy-sell-trade thread.

We've worked for a long time to get the rally streamlined and I think at this point, we're pretty efficient.

This is what we need:

Registration tent: People with people skills, diplomacy, enough computer skill to type names onto a screen and hit the print button to make a name tag. A sense of humor is also helpful.

Swap meet: A couple of people who will be there early enough to direct the early arrivals to where the need to go and really, these people need to be vendors. That way, they'll always be in the field.

MKT: Folks, this is the biggie. Every year, SCSG slaves to run that MKT. I can't explain how much work it is to haul all that gear out here, set it up, then cook, then clean, rinse and repeat for 4 days, then take it all down Sunday morning. And then, when we're at home relaxing and posting pictures of all the fun, he is at home, taking it all back apart and scrubbing it antiseptically clean.

It's just monumental.

We really, really need people to help cook and clean and then take it all down Sunday morning. Even if you're only willing to do 4 hours on a Thursday, then we'll take it!

Having the MKT allows everyone to come to the rally and not have to bring a week's worth of food in the cooler. It really made a lot better and easier when SCSG started doing this.

I am looking for a way for the rally to incentivize volunteers and the first ones who will get something (even if it's only a shirt) will be MKT workers.

Someone to run errands on some sort of Jeep/Gator/Mule/golf cart/etc. would be helpful. Easy stuff like running down to the lodge for ice, etc.

Anyone who wants to help can post in this thread, the rally Facebook page or PM me.

Mucho gracias

C

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
My crew will perform the "gofer" duties as usual. We will have a gator and an F350 to :grd:

We will also try to bring some type of "goodie" to donate for the raffle to help with rally expenses. :papabear:

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I should be able to get down there early in the week to be one of the Swap meet wranglers.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Help

Hey guys and gals we're looking for a little help around camp, I'll do the dishes and if we could get a little help cooking and caring for the hand wash stations it would mean a lot to the rally. The pay sucks but the reward is priceless.😁

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming my health allows me to attend I'm sure I will be at the reg tent for a great majority of time. Looks like I'm going in soon for op number 3 this summer on my knee so attendance will depend on healing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you make it Pat. My kids fall break has fallen during the rally 2 years running. This will be the 3rd. It's also been my.older sons bye week for feet ball. This will not be the case this week. I will need folks to step up Friday so that I can attend his game. Good news is that it's an away game and at Ogelthoepe which is close to Union Point. I will collect him after the game and bring him to the rally.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you make it Pat. My kids fall break has fallen during the rally 2 years running. This will be the 3rd. It's also been my.older sons bye week for feet ball. This will not be the case this week. I will need folks to step up Friday so that I can attend his game. Good news is that it's an away game and at Ogelthoepe which is close to Union Point. I will collect him after the game and bring him to the rally.
If I'm there I got you. I will be there by Wed if attendance is possible so you will know well in advance.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't even started yet, been too busy with the repower on the RAM 2500. Don't even have the shop van home to start filling with supplies and canned goods.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks