• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana - State Flagging Existing Titles, and Registering New Vehicles as Off-Road

Al Capone

what individuals can do or themselves in any state pulling this crap is get on the horn to your elected reps, including governor, and follow up with letters to them.. It is best to flood them with calls and letters, or resubmit copies of your initial letters if no personal response. Do not accept their generic form letter coming from some aide.. Unfortunately these days we have to resort to persistence... If plenty of people do this it gets their attention. One letter and one phone call per person does not work anymore .. The problem is unelected bureaucrats have hardly any oversight anymore and pretty much do whatever they can dream up.. We have to remember our state legislators are their boss and final stage of oversight. Petitions and lawsuits that everyone can contribute to and sign on to are also a thorn in their side, especially if it comes with media attention.. Too many of these unelected bureaucrats have no evidence of a problem so they arbitrarily dream up a problem or just plain have a prejudice for or against something (military vehicles and arms in general in the hands of civilians is a scary idea to many of them) , thus they write themselves a new regulation to benefit an agenda.. You don't have to take this crap and do nothing about it.. They need to know they can lose their job the minute they go too far .. When is too far? The line has to be drawn somewhere, or those children are gonna keep pushing for more.. How do I know this? .. I spent two terms (4 years) in an elected position more than 20 years ago.. Believe me when I say I was disgusted with what goes on, on the inside
we fought the state omv few years ago and I got my senator involved and baron rouge then played ball and we got a bill passed by my senator to allow humvees to be road titled ajd all ex wheeled military vehicles . Most all the senators did n know what the omv was doing with their blanket policy about ex military vehicles . I think when bill was passed only one senator voted against it .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks