• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTS II/ Movement Tracking System

Wile E. Coyote

Looks like you have EDM units there, which are usually destroyed. Cool. Northrop Grumman got the contract for the FBCB2-BFT2/ JCR upgrade...so it's interesting they're using DRS Technologies hardware because that company held the original FBCB2 contract. Again cool. Those *should* work in the production docking stations that show up now and then but...who knows.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So that's what that is... I have one of the power supply pieces with a fold down bracket, never chased down what it was though.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some extra Comtec wires : 506B350-01 4 EA....male / male
506B395-01...1 EA.....male / male
506B348-01...1 EA.....male / female
506B351-01...1 EA......power
DSC_01360.JPG
DSC_01361.JPGDSC_01363.JPG

Wile E. Coyote

Because I can't find a listing anywhere, I'm not sure how the connection from the MT2011 rooftop antenna/ transceiver is supposed to connect to the A-Kit interface 'black box' usually mounted on the dash of M923 and FMTV trucks. Every cable out there with the right pin configuration is M/F, where you can see from the pic that there should be a Female/ Female one to hook the two together. Unless the setup is one cable from the A-Kit interface box to a bulkhead connector at the cab wall, and another short cable from the exterior of the bulkhead connector to the MT2011? Having zero literature hasn't made this much fun.

MTS-V2-PLUGS-2-Forum.jpg

wildbill88

Because I can't find a listing anywhere, I'm not sure how the connection from the MT2011 rooftop antenna/ transceiver is supposed to connect to the A-Kit interface 'black box' usually mounted on the dash of M923 and FMTV trucks. Every cable out there with the right pin configuration is M/F, where you can see from the pic that there should be a Female/ Female one to hook the two together. Unless the setup is one cable from the A-Kit interface box to a bulkhead connector at the cab wall, and another short cable from the exterior of the bulkhead connector to the MT2011? Having zero literature hasn't made this much fun.

View attachment 761107
Have you figured out the cable interconnection ?

HMMWVJUNKY

These are the pictures of the two tablets I have, a docking station, and the keyboard. Not sure if it’s all the same system of not.
I know the post is several years old , would you happen to have any of these units left more importantly cables…thanks

Wile E. Coyote

NecroPost CPR: MTS-2011 Start up Manual:

Final Part 5:
MTSMUV2MT2011 Satellite Modem User Manual MTS User's Manual Comtech EF Data (fccid.io)

When you Right Click/Save, it comes up as a PNG File, I don't know how to change it to PDF format.

Great info. Somehow I missed downloading everything other than Part 1 way back - 3 years ago.

I've got my system installed in a M113A3 basically just playing a loop of IR footage and comms traffic during some air ops against insurgent ground targets. It's good eye-candy when we have it out at airshows etc. and looks the part. Now if I could only get the motherboard sorted out on my FBCB2 JV5 cpu I can get that system working too (my fault for entering the wrong admin password too many times.)

Wile E. Coyote

Does anyone have a power cable p/n 506B351-01 for sale....

Thanks
Austin Aviation on Ebay (Beltfed34) usually has a ton of that sort of thing but you have to look through all his cable listings and try and see what's on the cable tags/lables in the photos. Sometimes he'll include that info in the listing header - sometimes not.

HMMWVJUNKY

Austin Aviation on Ebay (Beltfed34) usually has a ton of that sort of thing but you have to look through all his cable listings and try and see what's on the cable tags/lables in the photos. Sometimes he'll include that info in the listing header - sometimes not.
Thanks, always watching his stuff. No luck thus far..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks