• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In-Tank Pump Hose For Deuce

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In-Tank Fuel Lift Pump Hose For Deuce

At the time of this writing Gates does not produce a 1/2" ID hose that they recommend for in-tank/sumbersible use with today's fuels. (Gary, Gates Industrial Hose and Hydraulic representative, ph.303-744-5070). But, here's contact info with links to a supplier for 1/2" ID Fluoroelastomer hose (what Viton is made of). I spoke directly to the owner (Graydon), and he told me straight out that this hose will work fine for in-tank use with any-dang modern fuel you'd likely run in your Deuce, including Diesel, Biodiesel* and Biodiesel blends*, and even Gasoline, for $11.50 a foot. *Biodiesel/Blends is becoming more of an issue because it's use is becoming mandated in some places, and many pump hoses in our old trucks are Nitrile, and Nitrile has a poor compatibility with Biodiesel (see "Military Study" scan below)...

Utah Biodiesel Supply
2863 W 1010 N
Clinton, UT 84015
801-820-5753 (Graydon)

Direct Product link to the Hose;
https://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/biodieselfuelhose.php

vitonhosespecs.jpgViton vs. Nitrile.jpg
We've used this hose on our own personal diesel vehicles to replace the existing rubber fuel lines. Its been working extremely well and holds up to Biodiesel much better than the rubber lines do. The fluoroelastomer fuel line hose is rated to handle temperatures up to 400° F which makes it an ideal hose to use for waste vegetable oil (wvo) applications as well!
When converting a diesel vehicle to run on 100% Biodiesel, it's always a good idea to swap out all of the rubber fuel lines with Biodiesel compatible hose. Our B100 Fuel Line Hose is perfect for that application! Pick some up today!
[HR][/HR]
  • Biodiesel Fluoroelastomer Fuel Hose Features
  • Available in 1/2", 3/8", 5/16", 1/4", and 1/8" inner diameter sizes
  • Capable of 75 to 100 psi at 70° F
  • Can handle up to 400°. F temperatures
  • 100% compatible with B100 (100%) Biodiesel
  • Perfect for Biodiesel or Waste Vegetable Oil applications
  • Works great as a replacement for rubber fuel lines
  • Made from synthetic fluoroelastomer material
    -Same material Viton hose is made from
  • Available in several sizes

It's important to mention that they haven't gone through the hoops to get this hose 30R10 rated. However, I've looked into Tygon, Nylon, Teflon, Nitrile, etc., talked to reps from various manufacturers, looked over chemical/material compatability sheets until I was bleary-eyed, and this is the only material/supplier combination I came across who openly stated "No problem" using this hose for our in-tank pumps (Fluoroelastomer is listed as having "Excellent" compatibility with all fuels we'd likely use, and this hose is Fluoroelastomer inside and out).

Also in my quest I called a more well-known supplier, DudaDiesel, on the 22nd of this month (another supplier of Fluoroelastomer hose), and during normal business hours I was put through to what was obviously a call center on another continent, even though they list an Alabama address. The rep could not answer my question, told me they'd pass the question on to a manager, and they'd call me back. Never happened. Called again today, normal business hours, and once again got put through to a person who spoke broken english. After having to repeat what product I was intersted in twice I gave up.

Last edited:

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not available as of today...
Utah Biodiesel has to buy Viton hose in great quantity in order to make it worth their while. Yes, they are out of 1/2" right now, and because they sell less 1/2" than other diameters, until they run low on the more popular diameters they won't be placing an order, so no telling when they'll have 1/2" back in stock. The other major source for 1/2" fluoroelastomer hose (viton) is Duda Diesel, and they're out of 1/2" right now too.

Personally, if I needed to have the hose soon, I'd hit ebay, bite the bullet, and get 1/2" fluoroelastomer/viton, even if I had to get it from China;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-meter-1-...h=item4d7421d3f3:g:yXsAAOSwv0tVWu0O:rk:5:pf:0
If this sounds a bit extreme, next time you're at an automotive dealership, ask a diesel technician who's up to date and in the know, how much nitrile, of any type, manufacturers use in submersible applications for diesel fuel systems now. He's likely to tell you "absolutely none". When I switched from nitrile to viton, the nitrile hose I took off my in-tank pump had swollen to 7/8"-15/16" outside diameter. I've got viton in my tank now, and I won't be putting anything with nitrile back in.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks