• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New in Shoreline WA

Niuhi

Hello everyone, I've been a lurker for a while now and thought I would finally join as I just paid for my 1995 M1078. I've got lots of ideas and will be asking plenty of questions so hopefully you don't hold that against me. First 4 on my list are;

1. Sound deaden the cab
2. Change out the seating
3. Replace the gearing
4. Install some sort of key'd ignition.

I guess getting it registered should be number one.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, Niuhi!

I'm located just a little east of you in Kenmore. All my stuff is M37 & M42 but I can talk to you about sound deadening and insulation. There are also a number of small shops in the area that work on old military stuff.

Niuhi

Perfect. I'm waiting for it to show up this weekend and then I'll start planning. Definitely would like to pick your brain.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is an event next Sunday in Issaquah at the XXX Root Beer Drive In. I don't know if there will be any 1078s there, but there is usually at least one. If you have time you might want to stop by and meet some people and talk trucks. It goes from 9:00 AM until 2:00 PM.

Whenever you would like to talk, let me know. Send me a PM with your direct email and I'll send you my email with a phone number.

zanther

welcome from the Maltby area, I've got a '88 m35a2c. I may not make it to the XXX drivein with the Deuce, my wife is 38 weeks pregnant right now and does not want arrive at the hospital in "style". I do hope to attend the event at least but we'll see how things pan out.

Niuhi

Thanks all. Would love to have made the XXX event, but alas my shipping fell through not once, but twice. First guy through Veritread really dropped the ball. Made appointment for pickup, but never fallowed through. No calls, nothing. Second guy (local), got it on the trailer, but was 6 inches too tall. He was good to work with. He kept in touch all the time and I always knew where he was in the process, not to mention he was actually able to drive the things since I haven't. He's also intimately familiar with them having been a driver in the Army. I asked his impression and he had a very favorable opinion of the one I bought. One stress point removed.
Now just got to go down and pick it up myself, guess I'll find any bugs on the way home (praying for none), at least its not that far.

snowtrac nome

He should have been able to suck down the suspension and drop the cab air springs to get it to get it legal to transport. Glad you know it runs good. I don't know what all this fuss is about sound proofing them mine runs quieter than our 2012 t 300 with a c series cummins out front of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks