• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smittybilt seat installation???

davik

SO I got my seats in but my seat bases have no covers or brackets. Does anyone have a good source where I could get those?

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used these on the drivers side, from E-bay
The front passenger side is bolted to the cover

s-l1600.jpg

TDButler

For my driver seat, I mounted on a Sentry Safe electronic lock box. Square steel box, stronger than factory and fit pretty close to perfect. I can't figure out how to post pictures from the mobile, but the SentrySafe is about 8"H x 16"W x 14"D, worked with my smittybilt and gives a much needed place to lock up belongings.

badgerd

Electronic Jedi
That’s a great idea. How did your seats fit with the 3 point belts? Can’t get the passenger side to fit back far enough without removing the belt tensioner...

Way more than “just bolt them in” that I read in some other threads...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TDButler

I had to "persuade" them a bit. But they did eventually go in fine. There's a little give to the back cushion on these seats you just have to give it some wear-in. Now that they are in, they don't impede my seat belts at all. But then again, there may be some manufacturing differences from one unit to another

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's an aluminium cover, just get some flat stock from HD or someone else to reinforce the bolts, you should be good

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks