• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unable to post pictures recently

MarcusOReallyus

Is there a limit on number of pictures uploaded, or something like that? I have been unable to upload any for about a month. When I get to the point where I have selected a picture and click, "Upload", the little check mark next to the name of the file becomes a red exclamation mark.

I'd upload a screenshot to show you but...... uh..... well....

It's not a matter of it being too big because the file was only 15.2 kb.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No limit to the number of images uploaded. Most likely an issue with java or shockwave (depends on the uploader type used). Any security software or internet browser ad ons loaded. Will need browser type, os, and file type being uploaded too.

MarcusOReallyus

Firefox, 52.0.1 (64-bit), Win7 Pro 64 bit. Shockwave Flash 29.0 r0 (29.0.0.171)

I have tried PNG and JPG. Not horribly huge, either. I'd show you a screenshot of the error, but..... :D

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I use FF exclusively. No issues. I'm guessing some additional security programs might be an issue? Can you tell me specifically the error statement at least, or send it to support @ steelsoldiers.com?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Win 7 box, uploading the file you sent.

Background diagnostic:
Help
Results
No errors occurred while opening the uploaded file for reading.
Pertinent PHP Settings
file_uploads:On
open_basedir:None
safe_mode:Off
upload_tmp_dir:None
upload_max_filesize:
100.00 MB
Controller card bad trace_s.jpg

No issues here.

MarcusOReallyus

Weird. I have no problems on other vBulletin forums, and this problem just... showed up one day. Nothing new on my end. Of course, it's not like I post every day. There's probably a pretty big gap between my last successful picture upload and the first time I had a problem. Lot's of room for changes on both ends......

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One month, one day (4/18/18). Try the other uploader to see if that behaves any differently. I also checked your folder permission, so it's not that either.

MarcusOReallyus

Nope. I tried the Basic Uploader, and it allowed me to select a file (like the other one), but then just.... stopped doing anything. Like I had not selected a file at all.

I tried going in via the "Manage Attachments", but same same. I can attach an existing (previously uploaded) file from my stash, but I cannot add any files.

Oh, that's that Magic Smoke you've heard about, BTW.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks