• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from NY.

Pkf70

Thanks for letting me join the forum. Been collecting American military items since I was 7. Now looking to find a military vehicle, or restore one with my 2 13 year old sons. Been looking, but nothing yet.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Are you sure you joining for son's passion?. Either way its a great hobby for the whole family.

Pkf70

Thank you dougco1. I brought up the idea, but my twins agreed,and liked the idea. Hey if it gets them away from the video games, and outside lol

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thank you dougco1. I brought up the idea, but my twins agreed,and liked the idea. Hey if it gets them away from the video games, and outside lol
Yah Know that is what this is about, Hands on, work, dirty, real, satisfaction, longevity, they will still have it when We gone.

Last edited:

Pkf70

Thanks, frank8003. One son is into military things ,and the other is into mechanical things. Kinda a win win for us. Know to find a Duece with a clear title.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site !!!! PM me I think a member of our group has a Deuce for sale in WNY .

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Pfk70, welcome to the site from Cape Cod, MA and to the hobby. Lots of good info here and quite a few trucks for sale too. Did you know about the big military truck show in northern NJ 21-22 April? Big show and great to bring the kids, they'll love it. Hope you can make it.

pjwest03

Bigbe5678, You being a fellow NY'er. How hard is it to register a Duece, and drive it legally ?
I had very little trouble registering mine. The DMV likes you to have a weight ticket from a truck scale but they were satisfied with a photo of the data plate. They also like to have a pencil rubbing of the VIN/serial number. On my M36A2 it was hand engraved and they wanted the rubbing to prove that it was engraved.

And of course, welcome aboard!!!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not hard at all to register MV's in upstate NY , down state with the Diesel emissions I am not sure . If you pick up a Deuce , it will more than likely be older than 1972 so no title , just a Transferable Registration , If you get a vehicle with a title from another state DMV will change it to a transferable registration . If you have any DMV question feel free to contact me BEFORE purchase , sometimes it pays to walk away ! LOL , good luck Bob k

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks