• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ccw

Crowem87

Hey guys! Ok well I found what I expected to be a CCKW and it is actually a CCW. I can see some yellow paint underneath but the cab interior and engine are green. I can’t tell if the thing was used for military reasons or not at this point.

With this being said I have a donor motor to put in it as the previous engine melted a piston....

The manual for the cckw shows a specific “engine sling” to use to hoist the engine. I obviously don’t have this... any tips on removal and replacement??

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome. I have a CCW and it was used by Civil Defense, so there were all kinds of colors over the original. To me, pulling the engine on a Jimmy is easier if you pull the fenders and radiator/core support/grille assy. Then a pair of short chains on your engine hoist and engine and transmission will be out.

Crowem87

Welcome. I have a CCW and it was used by Civil Defense, so there were all kinds of colors over the original. To me, pulling the engine on a Jimmy is easier if you pull the fenders and radiator/core support/grille assy. Then a pair of short chains on your engine hoist and engine and transmission will be out.
Nice - that’s what we have prepped so far, radiator is out, all externals disconnected. So far I just need to remove the starter linkages and clutch assembly.

I guess I was just worried because I have my donor motor and when I used the picker to remove it from my pickup truck we could only find suitable bolts to attach chains on one side. Therefore the whole thing was slanted.... I’m looking for the proper way to keep it level if you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run one chain in basket fashion under the bellhousing and another under the front of the oil pan right next to the front motor mount. Then it comes up level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks