• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM's and general experience with Military Cat dozers

Agman1

Newbie here - sorry if wrong area. I'm looking for manuals
on Cat D4 HT4 crawler loaders. Plenty on D7 & 8 but not on 4. Am I missing something? Seems odd that the military wouldn't have every variation and flavor in theater. Anyone have direct experience? thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Newbie here - sorry if wrong area. I'm looking for manuals
on Cat D4 HT4 crawler loaders. Plenty on D7 & 8 but not on 4. Am I missing something? Seems odd that the military wouldn't have every variation and flavor in theater. Anyone have direct experience? thanks
Check www.acmoc.org they will have some manuals

Not all manuals were done for every piece of equipment back then like today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems odd that the military wouldn't have every variation and flavor in theater.
Absolutely makes sense that the military wouldn't have every variation & flavor in theater. That makes for a much larger and complicated logistics tail. If each machine has specific parts for it, then you have to have those parts in stock, contracts to procure those parts, and have them sitting through a variety of locations.

Currently, there are only a small variety of Cats in service. While it may be "overkill" for a certain unit to have a certain dozer, it means that there is commonality. Thus, parts are easier to acquire, replacement vehicles are easier as you only have one or two varieties vs. five or ten. etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks