• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering a deuce in NH and I don’t have a title

silverbullet72tnt

N.H requires title for three axle rigs. My deuce has no title as it was a yard truck for a long time. I’ve been told I can do a bonded title. But I’ve also read I can register it in VT and then transfer the reg and since VT doesn’t require a title NH will then issue one.

Any ideas or suggestions or other input?

Kaiser67M715

Depending on use, you could apply for antique truck title, but that is also dependent on year. Beyond that I won't comment anymore.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

silverbullet72tnt

Title for a Deuce in NH

Hello!

I tried the regional section, but I didnt get much so I'll try here.....

I just bought a deuce (53 gasser) and it didnt come with a title. In NH anything with three axles regardless of year needs a title. It appears I can either get a bonded title, or Ive been told that VT will register out of state rigs for out of staters and it wouldnt need a title, then after a period of time I could transfer the registration to NH and get a title....

I guess I am looking for either advice on which way is fastest/easiest, or anyone experiences with the above or other ways to do this.

I will try calling state DMV today and see if I get anywhere with them

Sgt C

New to forum and just saw this. I know the response may be a mute point by now but you dont need a title for 3 axles if the weight is under 18,000lbs. I registered my deuce about a month ago without a title. Only needed a NH recognized bill of sale. Put antique plates on it. No difficulty encountered.

Kaiser67M715

New to forum and just saw this. I know the response may be a mute point by now but you dont need a title for 3 axles if the weight is under 18,000lbs. I registered my deuce about a month ago without a title. Only needed a NH recognized bill of sale. Put antique plates on it. No difficulty encountered.
Be careful here, as it is the gross vehicle weight that must be under 18,000lbs, the curb weight (unloaded, no passengers) is only about 13,000lbs, that means if you register it under 18,000, technically you can never haul the full GVWR (gross vehicle weight Rating) which is roughly 23,000lbs. The law is worded in such a way, it states a title is required for a truck with three axles OR over 18,000lb GVW...

When I tried to first register my truck, we called the state DMV, and they said, if it had 3 axles, it needed a title, regardless of GVW.

Now I do know a few guys that are running around in a deuce with no titles, regular plates no issues, I even know a few guys with 5 tons that don't have CDLs, even though it's required for a truck with a GVW of over 26,000lbs, but notice right there it's the GVW, not GVWR.....

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Sgt C

That is great information! Since my truck had already been registered in NH, the state basically copied what was on the old registration. While I dont plan on loading it even remotely close to capacity, I'll have to research this further and see if I can apply for a title.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks