• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOUISIANA PROPOSED NEW LAW : HB 549 Provides for Military Surplus Motor Vehicles

Al Capone

I Called Baton Rouge today and the word is they are ready for titleing . She said we will have to print out a form and get notarized stating we will follow the rules listed in bill and requirements . . But she said as of today they ready . Plates will start to trickle I few at time to offices and with rules . Or you can go to main omv in bato Rouge and get it done but you would have to leave and go get notarized . The form is not on website yet as if this evening .

Al Capone

So far at least 3-4 owners have got their plates . I will get my new plate when it arrives
at my local tag office in week or so . They did not keep the first one for me like i ask though .☹. It’s on a 5 ton now

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many Thanks to all who have made this good for us in LA!!!

Been out of the loop for a while and have read through the statutes several times. Question, does someone who has a deuce and cucv with permanent registration and the 'stenciled plates' have to re-register and get plates now?

4x

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
... Question, does someone who has a deuce and cucv with permanent registration and the 'stenciled plates' have to re-register and get plates now? 4x
Unless you got a letter rescinding your registration last year, it is still valid. The test will come when someone tries the $25 title transfer to another LA resident.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless you got a letter rescinding your registration last year, it is still valid. The test will come when someone tries the $25 title transfer to another LA resident.
I think you mistyped. All La title transactions are a min of $75 thanks to Bobby.... :-(

I concur that if you have a stencil, then you are ok as they are lifetime registrations. It was not addressed specifically by this bill. When I asked during the meetings, I don't think they knew how many where done this way nor did there seem any interest in opening another pandora's box. I would leave it be and when sold, they can be registered with the new law at a mininum. The handful that got revoked can re apply with the new law. Just my personal opinions.....

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So can you still use them for commercial use?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again just my opinion but nothing specifically says no and nothing gives a green light either. Not sure if you need to travel in state or out of state. In state you might be ok but a weigh station out of state, who knows as those are revenue generating night mares...

I would think the specialized plate division can now legally title your truck with this bill and you can get the appropriate apportioned or truck plate you might need. Might be worth the time to bring all your stuff prepped, notarized, and ready in person to the special plate office next to State Police hq and do it in person.

Al Capone

I can’t answer the question about painted permanent vin numbers . It was mentioned I believe once in one of meetings but was never addressed . Y’all could call and ask but you might just be opening a can of worms ya don’t want to . I’m sure they will tell you to get a plate for it now . So you have to pay more $ every year . The plates go by weight of vehicles now. So bigger the truck more $ . If I was you I would let it ride if your registration is still legal . Go by a dmv office or have a police officer run it and see . The law for stenciled vin is still up on their site last time I looked . But I bet if people start trying to add new ones using it they will remove it . This is just my guess and you can’t hold any of it as rules . I can inquire thru my channels if y’all want me to .

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sent them an email to notify them of the bill to the generic box.

I got a reply back from the Director who would take the matter under review and get back to me.

Next thing I see is this:
http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=aa2018LA1&g=SEMAGA

I don't think they understand the bill's proposed restrictions including a 5 year suspension for a mileage violation of traveling over 125 miles and no Interstate or multi lane highway travel among other problems. Also no mention of all the restrictions as you do not have the full text of the bill.

No reply from my objections yet.
The link does not work...

What is the status of this law?

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coming WAY late to this thread, but want to say AGAIN, many thanks to the folks who took their time, money and energy to deal with this and fight for us. Many thanks and much appreciation!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as the VIN stenciling goes, I am in the process of titling my 5 ton and will be using the VIN method, so I will post my results when I either succeed or fail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks