• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LOUISIANA PROPOSED NEW LAW : HB 549 Provides for Military Surplus Motor Vehicles

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So it will likely be January before any vehicles can be titled? Not too far away, im just really antcy! Lol
My guess would be how fast omv can implement and how they will handle it. Again a guess on my part but not sure if regular dmv's will do it or whether it will be handled in Baton Rouge with Special and Prestige Plate unit like vin stencil. All that will have to be worked out by them.

If your truck is a chevy, You can probably fly right through now since it has a standard vin if a regular plate is ok for you? All they will see is a Chevy k5 blazer. YMMV

1943ht

Well done ..was involved in the WI debacle, and landed up testifing in uniform (Army) before the committee as both a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and a collector. I was on active duty at the time and flew in ftom Ft. Benning as my HOR was WI and provided detailed testimony regards military vehicle safety standards, tactical and on road use and Federal Requirements regards that all important manufactures sticker used on civilian vehicles (Military vehicles are required by law to meet basic safety standards but are not required to have the Federal sticker). By the time I finished my presentation, the two individuals from the WI State Patrol supporting the proposal to suspend WI military vehicle registrations did not even testify. Our issue was raised by the WIDOT head who had the proverbial Hard O* for MV Collectors. Her emails, released under the freedom if info act were something else to read!!

Broke Down

Fantastic! I have been side tracked the past month and just got to catch up tonight. Great job guys, all of us LA guys owe you. I can't wait for it all to get started now.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still sitting on the Governor's desk/office awaiting his signature. I am sure they are super busy with the fiscal special session and the $ mess we are in......

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like 8/1/18 it becomes law. I hope the DMV is ready...lol

Thanks to everyone that was our voice, all of you did a great job!!!!
Yes, but actual implementation was 1/19 in the bill. They need to design the plate, produce it, and make the internal procedures on how it is going to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks