• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simp's M923 Big Cam Repower

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will unlock this thread so hopefully it isn't pages of pages of garbage without anything happening like the person in michigan who i waiting for the snow to start falling again.

Should be done this month. I acquired the front crossmember from an M920 for the front mount to work. The 915A1 front mount is a slight bit lower dipped than the 920s as they sit above the frame. The 915s sit between the frames on the rear mounts.

Only issue I see is that i will have to chop some of the mount off. The Top to bottom interior frame width is 10inches on the bigger trucks and the 939s are only 8. The crossmember is a little more than 8 inches tall so just a little trim on the one side. I may have to make a taller radiator mount to add onto the one on the 920 or I may cut that one off and restructure the stock 939 assembly for just the radiator and support. Worst case situation on this is that i have to lower the mounts i made when i did the CAT 7155 swap and redrill the holes in those mounts to lower it all to fit the front mount. We will see.

Pretty straight forward it looks like. I know I have to remove the steering gear box and anything with a bolt thru the frame as the mount has to slide in from the front of the frame. Steering gear box bolts should be fun.

I have all the replacement hoses I need to get replaced before i install it. Engine runs fine after i got it fired off. It had a leaking pump so i just rebuilt that. I gave her a little more umph that what she had. She also will be getting some factory hot 3054233 injectors. Should be a good setup. I will hold off on the HT4B turbo swap until i know everything is kosher.

I will be upgrading my drivelines to 4in diameter shafts as well.

Attachments

74M35A2

Remember in Ghostbusters when the possessed chick was the gatekeeper and the nerdy guy was the keymaster? Zule was in the fridge.....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Remember in Ghostbusters when the possessed chick was the gatekeeper and the nerdy guy was the keymaster? Zule was in the fridge.....
For 10,000 years before it was resurrected

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is going to be great! It should top a hill at whatever speed with whatever weight! And Wes your box is full I need some 1600s I texted you the other day give me a text back or a call when you can.

74M35A2

He’ll be behind me.

4X, great to hear from you, how is the charge air cooler?

Hey, I need some 16” XZL’s also, Mr Biscuits.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Operation "It Does Not Snow in August" is underway. I will cut the front cross member tomorrow, Pull the front bumper, and do some engine bay clean up and hose rerouting.

My NHC250 went to tapping on the # 1 cylinder this past week. More like a love tap. It was upper end. Little more blue smoke. Swapped out an injector, ran the overhead, and still was there. So it was just it's time for a little work to be done to it. So it can live on in a RRAD truck that needs a motor.

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Test Run # 1.

Had some fittings in the back of the head break off so I had to drill them out With all the crap buried in the fuel galley i pulled the front plug and ran a fuel line to it and fired it off in the video to flush the fuel out the back of the head. This test run was also done using the injection pump off my NHC250 for test purposes as I haven't gotten the injection pump for it finished yet. Sounds fine running on ether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjop8ysu9zI

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Test run # 2 - On its own fuel system. It has the modified NHC250 pump on it so it is probably getting minimal fuel it needs even with how hot it is set for the NHC250. Some blue smoke but should go away after it warms up. That is the first time it has ran in over 5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Bzv8eoaP8

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks