• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any info on states issuing titles for hmmwvs?

EladB

Nebraska is simple to license a humvee. I have heard Oklahoma is also easy.
Can you share any detail on the NE process? I'm thinking seriously about buying an M998, but only if I can get tags on it. I'm in Omaha. Is there anything out of the ordinary to do it, assuming one starts with an SF-97 and a bill of sale?

Thanks!

Dale

2wheels70

I found those decals.Theyre generally in the driver's door jamb

VA has some nice new legislation coming your way that is essentially a ban on all military surplus vehicles -

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ary-Surplus-Off-Road-Moves-to-Virginia-Senate
Very interesting read
Disheartening to say the least
Still trying to figure out where my fmvss stickers are located on any of the 3 other vehicles I own are located
They're located in the driver's door jamb
I've read them but had forgotten the exact text contained on them

Last edited:

Bocephus

I've done 4 in Iowa. Each time has been a different process, as my county has no critical thinking skills. So all of them have had their share of challenges, but in the end, I had 4 clean and clear road titles for them.

suzukovich

Very interesting read
Disheartening to say the least
Still trying to figure out where my fmvss stickers are located on any of the 3 other vehicles I own are located
They're located in the driver's door jamb
I've read them but had forgotten the exact text contained on them
You notice these are mostly in states where the democrats are in control.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

mdainsd

California is all messed up. I know of two guys who recently licensed HMMWVs and two others that got their plates recalled. Seems the left hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

NV555

Nevada is no with a SF 97 (3rd Party) So no if it was from US Govt to (Auction Company) then to you.

I understand if you have a road title from another state in your name then that might or might not work depending on DMV location. I can not confirm if they have stopped all new titles here yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks