• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where oh where might the TM be? (Applied Companies GETT Generator and ECU)

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, looking at this 5pin plug...

The bottom smaller pin is ground. The one at 1100 is neutral, and the other three are 120v each voltage potential from neutral.

If I take a 3 wire cable and grab B C and Neutral, and wire a 50amp 240v female on one end, and a 5pin male on the other but connected using only B C and N, now I have a plug that will plug into the genset, and will allow my single phase 240v welder to plug in... and as I understand it, what I'll have is 208V single phase.

My welder shouldn't care. It'll run on 120v with a reduced duty cycle, or on 240v with an enhanced duty cycle. 208v should be close enough.

What am I doing that's stupid or dangerous?

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I did it. AND IT WORKS!

208v 3phase in, 208v single phase out. So says my multimeter and my welder. (My welder tells you what power it sees at the plug when you power it on)

The tape is strain relief so that any pull on it pulls on the tape and not the wires.

I used #4 AWG. Note that the J1 port is not breaker protected. The equipment you plug into it needs to have an internal breaker on it or you need to run your power through a PD box.

I grabbed B, C, and N for my single phase. The convenience outlets use A and B. This should go a long way towards load balancing the legs.

20180607_105656.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I'm not far behind you in getting mine running for hurricane season. Neighbors are all awaiting the first fire up. Let's just hope it doesn't end up on fire. 12 gallons of some of the nastiest diesel I've ever seen came out. Looked like water, kerosene, animal fat, and pine pollen/bark. Oil wasn't too bad and antifreeze looked new. All got changed anyway.

Group 24 batteries will not work fit wise. Got 2 cheapies at wally world and the hold down vs the battery cable length didn't work. I didn't go for the optimas because I still don't know if this system works. If I knew it was good to go, I'd make the $400+ investment. Just called Applied today. The gentleman at Tech Support provided the issued batteries were Optima M34's. The Tech support guy had also work on the contract on these systems.

I also expressed my concern over the AC system and he said to check your systems to ensure if it is MEO (Mineral Oil based) or PEO (Polyesterace (spelling) Oil). Stated he thought all the post 2004 systems were PEO but some may have been filled with R22. I confirmed mine is a MEO (@#$%) and therefore I'm stuck with R22 or one of the replacements. If you have a PEO system, you can have it drained, purged and refilled directly with easier stuff to obtain. Mine is a 2009 so he was perplexed that it has a MEO system.

A lot of ants in the machine. I'm tarping it and firing off a couple ant bombs under the tarp. Tired of getting bit.

shawnshumvee

Hello. its been a while since i posted about my 2010 Gett. I have a question. I download the TM for this unit and the perkins tear down manual also, but What i can't seem to find is information (manual) of this part...

IMG_8633.jpgIMG_8634.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks