• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok, I see in the TM where the cross-over tubes are and the O-ring is located. So possible leak there, looks like an easy fix. I hope.
Use a good flathead screwdriver. Do not use a removable bit driver. Spray em down with some penetrating oil well before doing the work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Iceman3005

Ok, I see bubbles coming from out of the emergency shut off rod, so hopefully that is the leak. Going to town, so should see if that is the source. I am assuming there is some type of O-ring in there.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats. That is the exact and only truck that would get me back into a 5 ton. Had no idea Stevie boy was selling it. I think you got a keeper.

Suggestion on the TMs. What I do is print only what I need and when it gets munged up with fingerprints, I throw it away. The air and wiring schematics should be in one of the appendices. I print those In a large format and laminate them. This works best for me but I do still have the issued paper TMs.

Iceman3005

Now I am having a battery issue. Batteries won't hold a charge, so now have to figure that out. Still waiting for the fuel shut off and emergency shut off valve to arrive. Hopefully that will take care of the leaking fuel. I know the fuel shut off solenoid is bad because if I jump the 2 terminals on the solenoid I can hear it click and then the truck fires right up.

Once those two issues are fixed, then onto the battery issue.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Iceman that is a very nice looking truck pretty much think you can do just about whatever you want with this one! Good luck will be looking for more pics
Karl

Iceman3005

Got the new fuel shut off solenoid on and the new emergency shut off valve installed! Hopefully my fuel leak is gone! 5 ton solenoid.jpg

Iceman3005

I finally got a chance to take it out for a drive to see if my fuel leak was gone. Yup the emergency valve replacement fixed the fuel leak!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks