• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2-pin accessory connector on deuce - interchangeable connectors?

Mike944

2-pin accessory/slave connector on deuce - interchangeable connectors?

I have a '71 deuce, with the 2-pin jump/accessory/slave power connector on the side, instead of the newer coaxial NATO connector.

I'm looking to find a mating connector for it.

From looking at the mil-spec connector charts, looks like a "36-3" connector might work, with only 2 pins installed. I found a connector reasonably inexpensive (but too much to just chance it) Has anyone tried this? Where can I get an inexpensive connector that mates with it?

Last edited:

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a NOS upgrade assembly for the NATO single pin slave plug for $40 in my classified add. That way you wouldn’t need an adapter. Just replace and good to go. Pm me if interested

dmetalmiki

I am puzzled, Why do you need a NATO co-axial connector?. All U.S. Trucks have two pin plugs and sockets. And thus American Two Pin Jumper cables. So, (In my case) I have to use a NATO converter to go from my (U,K, Truck) CO-Axial Jumper lead to the American Two pin truck socket. TO USE a U.K. NATO jumper cable.
However. I have BOTH American 2 pin jumper Cables, And, Co-Axial single pin British / NATO jumper cables.
I do however have NATO Co-Axial Single pin to U.S. Two pin Adaptors. ()6 of for all my trucks, so I can use either jump cable,
(preferring the better NATO heavy duty TANK long jumper cables).

dmetalmiki

(Strange..)..I have just checked all the 'known' sites and can not find the adaptors We have anywhere. Yet they came with the M62 wrecker (4 off)..and two other trucks. I will take a picture of them tomorrow.

Mike944

I don't NEED to upgrade to a NATO connector, I just want a mating pair of something, so I can actually use the port.

I figure I already have 1/2 of the connector pair. I'd rather find a connector half that mates with it, hence the question, rather than having to replace the connector on the truck, plus still having to buy a cable-side connector

Last edited:

cjcottrill

(Strange..)..I have just checked all the 'known' sites and can not find the adaptors We have anywhere. Yet they came with the M62 wrecker (4 off)..and two other trucks. I will take a picture of them tomorrow.
I just checked the big auction site. Type “military slave cable adapter”. There are some available. I have one in each of my trucks, I don’t think I have ever paid more than $10.00 each.
Sorry meant to send it to the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks