• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Special M35 steering gear project

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spend a few minutes on the Deuce and the rest of the weekend trimming trees and burning brush for the last burn day until fall.
Very glad you are feeling better, getting old isn't for sissies!

rustystud

Spend a few minutes on the Deuce and the rest of the weekend trimming trees and burning brush for the last burn day until fall.
Very glad you are feeling better, getting old isn't for sissies!
You got that right !
I went to my brothers grandson's wedding this last Friday. I'm still feeling sore from the drive down to Vancouver Wa. That was in my new truck too ! Can't imagine how it will be driving my Deuce up to Alaska ! Might have to take it in several stages.

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rustystud, I was going to drive my Deuce up from southern California but ended up having it shipped for several reasons, push come to shove I suppose you could ship to Alaska and meet it there for the expedition part. I know last week when it got real hot I was so grateful I wasn't driving in that heat, sure it wasn't the adventure I imagined, but it also wasn't nightmare I feared because I wasn't able to prep it for a long drive after sitting for the last 8 years in the So Cal desert climate, sure not really any rust anywhere but the UV is brutal on rubber tires and hoses not to mention canvas tops, seats and cargo covers. What I forgot was how really well it runs, transmission and transfer case shift so smooth and the clutch takes far less effort than I remembered it did (I think I mixed it up with a Top Kick I had with a manual trans and a Cat 3116). The stitching on the front of the soft top has succumb to the blazing sun and let go all the way across so it is now a giant air scoop. I do have a hard top for it so that will go on at the same time I remove the air operated wipers and install the electric ones I have and the in cab heater I picked up a couple years ago. All and all I was very happy when it arrived with bed filled with goodies my son packed in for me.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but I'm not posting them here right now. Might post on YouTube. We'll see.
Let us know whether you post it here or on YouTube. Are you going to show how to do it or try to manufacture parts as a kit? I was looking at Waterloo but am intrigued at the notion of leaving things mostly intact.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

rustystud

Let us know whether you post it here or on YouTube. Are you going to show how to do it or try to manufacture parts as a kit? I was looking at Waterloo but am intrigued at the notion of leaving things mostly intact.

At this time I will not be adding my hard-earned knowledge of this steering gear to this site. I cannot make any money from the sell of the system, by either making them and selling them. Or selling the idea itself. Part of my retirement settlement. So when I do make it public it will only benefit the site I post it to. Steel soldiers is a good site for the most part, but their moderators with their "good old boy" club attitude here is pretty disgusting to me right now. I don't need to add to their coffers by posting a really great steering system so everyone who has a deuce will come to this site (adding money to the sites owners) to find out how I did it.
Maybe latter on I will change my mind, but at this time. No.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At this time I will not be adding my hard-earned knowledge of this steering gear to this site. I cannot make any money from the sell of the system, by either making them and selling them. Or selling the idea itself. Part of my retirement settlement. So when I do make it public it will only benefit the site I post it to. Steel soldiers is a good site for the most part, but their moderators with their "good old boy" club attitude here is pretty disgusting to me right now. I don't need to add to their coffers by posting a really great steering system so everyone who has a deuce will come to this site (adding money to the sites owners) to find out how I did it.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like you are a very knowledgeable guy and I hope I am able to find wherever you post your hard earned skills down the road. Thanks for helping in some of my posts by the way. Hope you have a great day Sir.

rustystud

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like you are a very knowledgeable guy and I hope I am able to find wherever you post your hard earned skills down the road. Thanks for helping in some of my posts by the way. Hope you have a great day Sir.

I'll let the Steel Soldier community know where I post it.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's only one owner of SS if you're implying anything. I'm just here to keep the ship going. You do realize that the moderating staff make $0 at this? And a huge expenditure of the funds collected from the site is for hosting the site itself? (Due to the sheer size of our database, files, exc.)

rustystud

There's only one owner of SS if you're implying anything. I'm just here to keep the ship going. You do realize that the moderating staff make $0 at this? And a huge expenditure of the funds collected from the site is for hosting the site itself? (Due to the sheer size of our database, files, exc.)
This site must make a pretty sum of money considering all the adds from venders and from dues from the community itself.
Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong in making money. That is the capitalist system at it's core. It's giving the site that has treated people unfairly due to favoritism extra money that I find rather disgusting at this time.
I'm more then willing to help out with people's problems, but making something that has a large monetary value free to that site. No.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry you feel that way. If you know of someone who can host the site for free or cheaply, please let me know. As well as provide the same uptime and backend service to support a half a terabyte. It would be wonderful to cut back on ads.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rustystud

Sorry you feel that way. If you know of someone who can host the site for free or cheaply, please let me know. As well as provide the same uptime and backend service to support a half a terabyte. It would be wonderful to cut back on ads.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Again I have nothing about this site making money. It's supporting a site that allows such blatant favoritism to certain members while others get suspended for trying to defend themselves against lies and personal attacks.
For that reason alone I will not "add" any extra profit to it.
You know full well I will be permanently banned if I get suspended again. So why on earth would I contribute to this site monetarily ?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let start out saying "Wow" and to make things clear I have never and will never report any of your post's trying to get you banned. I do not think like that as for this web sight I use it to learn or share or laugh. For what I seem do the most is the ladder and lately plus better than any soap opera There is the best info here on Steel Soldiers than any other web sight I have seen. For the most part good people that come here to learn share and leave the whining outside. Yea some come here to brag or to prove something and I think that is what is called Glory Days. It really sucks when you think about it's like when I die will I have made a mark in this life or just a mark on the toilet paper. As for the sharing of something you might make or build yep yours to do with what you like. As for someone telling lies about you. I tell you what if you can show me where someone lied about you since you do not even want to belly up and pay just the basic membership I will pay you basic membership fees for two years. As for the person that you thought was lying I will have Santa put them on the naughty list. Then they will only get sticks and coal for Christmas. As for personal attacks all I have seen or done is ask the question with a little respect to make good on claims that have been made. Maybe someone else made a personal attack on you and I missed the thread / post. That would seem like not a nice thing to do. As for you getting banned from what I have seen when a moderator tells you to shut up and do not post anything else what have you done. You still posted so who's fault is that. I do not know why you have been banned some of the other times but if you just follow the "simple" rules you will never get banned! Remember the time you did follow the rules on a very fine line you called me a ass. Not directly you walked the fine line of the rules but you posted / said "You ASSumed" I was talking about me". That was a good one and made me laugh an I hope you do not mind but I might use that tricky one myself sometime because it is within the rules. One thing I try not to do is talk down to people like I am something special.
I know I am not. As for " the good old boy" thing I do not see it what can be seen is someone's attitude by how they treat others in general. For the most part you seem to be a asset to Steel Soldiers. I try and remember that one monkey does not stop the show. I believe the best way to use the internet is no attitude "Just the facts ma'am just the facts".

Last edited:

rustystud

Why are you responding to mypos
Let start out saying "Wow" and to make things clear I have never and will never report any of your post's trying to get you banned. I do not think like that as for this web sight I use it to learn or share or laugh. For what I seem do the most is the ladder and lately plus better than any soap opera There is the best info here on Steel Soldiers than any other web sight I have seen. For the most part good people that come here to learn share and leave the whining outside. Yea some come here to brag or to prove something and I think that is what is called Glory Days. It really sucks when you think about it's like when I die will I have made a mark in this life or just a mark on the toilet paper. As for the sharing of something you might make or build yep yours to do with what you like. As for someone telling lies about you. I tell you what if you can show me where someone lied about you since you do not even want to belly up and pay just the basic membership I will pay you basic membership fees for two years. As for the person that you thought was lying I will have Santa put them on the naughty list. Then they will only get sticks and coal for Christmas. As for personal attacks all I have seen or done is ask the question with a little respect to make good on claims that have been made. Maybe someone else made a personal attack on you and I missed the thread / post. That would seem like not a nice thing to do. As for you getting banned from what I have seen when a moderator tells you to shut up and do not post anything else what have you done. You still posted so who's fault is that. I do not know why you have been banned some of the other times but if you just follow the "simple" rules you will never get banned! Remember the time you did follow the rules on a very fine line you called me a ass. Not directly you walked the fine line of the rules but you posted / said "You ASSumed" I was talking about me". That was a good one and made me laugh an I hope you do not mind but I might use that tricky one myself sometime because it is within the rules. One thing I try not to do is talk down to people like I am something special.
I know I am not. As for " the good old boy" thing I do not see it what can be seen is someone's attitude by how they treat others in general. For the most part you seem to be a asset to Steel Soldiers. I try and remember that one monkey does not stop the show. I believe the best way to use the internet is no attitude "Just the facts ma'am just the facts".

Why are you responding to my post James ?
Trying to get a rise out of me again ? Really lame James.
Most of my post was about things Patracy knew about from the past. Things about other members in the past, yet here you are responding. Makes me wonder.
You should know by now James, when I have an issue with you I'm not shy about telling you.
Also I agree with your last statement, for the most part you seem to be an asset to Steel soldiers too. So carry on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks