• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saving a couple OH-58's

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mother Rucker is not that far, if you need to look at some of the ones they have in the museum. I can send you a CD of the pics I've taken there on my two trips (a buddy got a Warrant Commission and is now a Black Hawk pilot).

Ras1

If you end up with extra parts let me know. I'm looking for the 4 square instruments on the dash, armorment panel on the dash, some seats, collective and cyclic co-pilot side.... Post some pictures of the top deck...

Dave

Ras1

Good luck on pickup. I will pm my contact info. I would appreciate you passing it along to your friend with parts. I am jealous of your orange front engine cowling. Orange designated training...

Dave

amgeneral72

Yeah I love the cowling as well. Apparently someone else did to cause that OH wasn’t cheap. It does have a complete set so it was worth it. The other OH with the tail boom sold for a lot less than what I thought it would.

Made it home with the first OH with no issues. I’ll head out in the morning for the other one. The Sheriff deputy’s were real cool they helped me load and strip the cowlings off before I left. They also have another nice stripped fuselage with perfect windshields and chin bubbles. It’s sitting in a warehouse. The guy is supposed to give me a price tomorrow.

Ras1

This one will be a "ground runner" which means, complete flying, but no airworthy certificate/faa certification. Cost is tremendous to make a ground runner, and double or triple for airworthy.

Restoration as in static display? -or airworthy condition.
Either way , looks fun.
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks