• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear LED lights

CES 3245th

I thought I would pose a question to anybody that has installed these LED lights. My concern is when the running lights are on only three diodes are on, when the directional are on it is well lit as well as when you hit the brakes totally bright enough. To me it just doesn’t seem bright enough with only three diodes that are on running lights especially in the daytime. To those who have installed these, is there supposed to be only (3) diodes that are on when the running lights are on? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

Trucklite 07411 Rear Military LED Composite Thin Lamp Green w/Bucket

LED.JPGLED.JPG

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I thought I would pose a question to anybody that has installed these LED lights. My concern is when the running lights are on only three diodes are on, when the directional are on it is well lit as well as when you hit the brakes totally bright enough. To me it just doesn’t seem bright enough with only three diodes that are on running lights especially in the daytime. To those who have installed these, is there supposed to be only (3) diodes that are on when the running lights are on? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!

Trucklite 07411 Rear Military LED Composite Thin Lamp Green w/Bucket

View attachment 726588View attachment 726588
Yes. They are only 3 when in normal on mode and the others light up on turn and tail. They are pretty bright with just the 3 on. The other thing you can do is switch the connectors. and make your 3 the turn signal. it doesnt get to be too noticeable of a turn thought. Did you clean and install a new ground right there by the taillight on the ground lead that came with it?

CES 3245th

Simp5782 once again thank you for your help on this.
Did you clean and install a new ground right there by the taillight on the ground lead that came with it?Yes
Trucklite has another light with identical model number 07411 but for some reason it has more diodes than the one I got
View attachment HEMTT.docx

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah. I run the same ones you do. They work well. They are gen 3s

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CES 3245th

So on the HEMTT Trucklite listed in the last post with identical model number 07411 ,Even though it is showing more diodes would that still have 3 diodes when in normal on mode ?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
YMMV, but I find the grote led light to be superior and more easily seen. I use them on all my trailers and on my trucks. I live in the land of idiots and uninsured drivers in the banana republic and I want to stand out and be the most visible.

That 3 light triangle just is weak in my opinion.

CES 3245th

juanprado,Your opinion is correct because it was exactly what I was thinking. I too live in the land of idiot drivers as well as uninsured this is something you definitely want them to see.

Thanks CES 3245th

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will bump this with an addition after having both types of truck lite LEDs. The old type with the lots of LEDs we will call the grate style. These do not make the light visible from at an angle or off to the side like the newer versions with the 3 running LEDs. The newer version you can see the light emitting even from the direct side of it. The other type is dim and you only get a good light picture from directly aft of it

Below Is the new style at running lights and turn/brake

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to bring this up to add m $.02 and hope someone else can chime in with some part numbers.

I know the OP is comparing the LED that are the sealed unit, but how about the use of LED bulbs with the housing and reflector? I have not put LED bulbs in the incandescent place with military housings, but I have found a bulb that works very well for dual function, have a protective cover and is mostly visible from the side, 12-24vdc. They are a high lumen bulb and reasonably priced, like $7 delivered.

Try superbrightleds.com and part number 1157-A51-PT for the amber.

There must be LED's that work similarly well in the place of incandescent in our older (military) housings, with most of the light coming from the end of the bulb....PLEASE....somebody add a picture and part numbers.

Attachments

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have LED's on all my trucks and all the LED's are on when driving and when you put the brakes on they just get brighter. Not sure of the brands.

Chief B

So mine had LEDs all around when I purchased it and I have to say that they are pretty bright. My only issue is the fact that my brake lights do not come on until my pedal is on the floor so as I am stopping the lights do not come on, but rather once I am completely stopped. This is one of the first things I plan on looking into trying to adjust upon my return next week.

CES 3245th

I have M923A1 5 Ton ,I put in a bunch LED lights and I had problems with them working properly as well. I bought this item the LED Lights and it took my issues away. Not sure if you would have the same luck but it's food for thought!

Turn Signal Flasher Control Unit 11613631 - 24v (LED supporting) $52.00

THOSE MILITARY GUYS.... vender

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks