• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

395/85r20

alpine44

I am currently running the 14.5R20 Michelin XL tires. Got one from Wes (simp5782) and the other 4 from another steel soldiers member. The spare does fit (tightly) in the designated space.

These tires do not have the greatest profile for sticky mud but they did not break the bank either. For serious off road work I put heavy duty Pewag A05SV chains on the rears which makes a huge difference. These chains are in a different league than the usual ladder snow chains and are currently available as surplus from MRAPs for a bargain at $150 per pair.

The 14.5R20 tires are nice on roads. Much sturdier than the original 12.5R20 Michelin XLs. The bigger tires rub slightly on the front anti-sway bar at full steering deflection and certain articulation angles but not enough to cause concern. I did not reinstall the front fenders yet and expect that a slight cab lift would be needed to clear them.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks