• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1078 broken oil dipstick

clark336

I broke the oil dipstick mid staft. I was able to extract broken blade. Need to replace it. Any substitutions or ideas where to get one? Thanks,

319cssb

Is there a difference between A1 and A0 oil dip stick?

Edit: yes there is a big difference. The A0 trucks have the dipstick on the engine block, so it is rather short. The A1 have the oil dip stick by the oil filler and therefore it is much longer.

Last edited:

coachgeo

maybe go to junk yard and buy a dip stick out of anything same width. take it home and cut a section out to use as a splint. Drill holes in both and pop rivet the splint on. Should do you fine till you find a replacement unless it causes issue with need flex.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the NSN?

spankybear

If its a A0 truck it's a Caterpillar part. The 24P part number is (Cat) 109-2988 and the NSN is 6680-01-433-1894. I believe the CAT cross would be a 5R8832 but not 100% sure.

Can't speak for an A1 truck

Sorry, Engine oil dipstick.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks