• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle seal leak

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember some dial indicator and block set up that was posted and a crazy cost. Myself I like Steve's way.

Last edited:

coachgeo

friend I did mine with.... we just used a chunk of machined metal and a Caliper to measure depth and did the math to determine neccissary amount of shims needed. Pretty easy and more accurate cause of measuring actual distance from machined surface (machined block on machine surface of hub) measured to inner surface face. From that distance just used math to determine specific shims needed to ensure proper setup... Required setup is in the TM drawn out next to a diagram of the hub (same page shown in post 21 above but image is cut off... though spec. is in the text too.)

this is essentially what the TM says to do

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After I read all the posts plus post #11 I thought as Steve said he would trust his way over the TM repair. Yea Steve's way may take longer till you get the feel for it but myself feel it is the better way. Maybe I read it wrong and thought you were leaning towards making the cut off hub tool back then and the feel it method. Guess it all boils down to what one is comfortable with. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?144834-M1078-LMTV-planetary-hub-setup/page2

Last edited:

Ronmar

Even that diagram doesn't show it that clearly. A cross section would have been better. The guy in the video shows it best like Coachgeo described...
9F68450B-423B-48A5-8791-D48B0E6E3941.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks