• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 running lights flashing

Konichiwa512

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone happen to know which relay on the dashboard panel controls the LMTV running lights? Those are the yellow lights above the windshield and on each door, etc. Mine are flashing intermittently, regardless of whether the truck is moving or stationary, so I suspect a dying relay. I cannot find any reference in the manuals specifying which relay controls those lights.

Konichiwa512

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the relay for the running or 'marker lights,' as the book calls them, with a new one from the truck parts store. The problem remains and now the headlights have started flickering also, which is a much bigger problem. Does anyone happen to know where the M1078 marker lights and headlights are grounded? My other idea is to polish up the ground connection and see if that does the trick. After that, I will be out of ideas.

aleigh

I replaced the relay for the running or 'marker lights,' as the book calls them, with a new one from the truck parts store. The problem remains and now the headlights have started flickering also, which is a much bigger problem. Does anyone happen to know where the M1078 marker lights and headlights are grounded? My other idea is to polish up the ground connection and see if that does the trick. After that, I will be out of ideas.
I had similar problems and it was actually the old circuit breakers the truck came with. Try a fuse, you can use regular ATC style automotive bladed ones. Also welcome from Phoenix. If that doesn't solve your problem, all the schematics for the truck are in the TMs. Your next stop though is probably going to be to pull the fuse panel and see what you are dealing with corrosion wise underneath.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are a bunch of grounds on the back of the bumper. Use a meter check your voltages at the power panel. You could have a wavering voltage issue causing the flickering.

Konichiwa512

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone for the help. I cleaned up the ground connections and replaced the government circuit breakers with automotive fuses. I also brushed some Deoxit on it all for good measure. I am not sure if the trouble is gone for good, but I just finished a flicker-free test drive.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks