• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BIG CAM 1 to BIG CAM 4 SWAP / M916

Artisan

Gentlemen,
If anyone has any constructive, factual input/insight, we would sure be appreciative.
We have a BC1 in an M916 that has a spun rod bearing. We need to refresh. Money is an issue. I ran into a Big Cam 4 engine that looks very promising. I am told a BC3 is an easy swap, what about a BC4? As I understand it, the BC4 is a low flow engine.
I believe the radiator hoses are much smaller on the BC4.
( What size are they? )
I have a BC1, so would I have to do a radiator swap too or can I just bushing
down to the BC4 radiator hoses and connect to my existing radiator?
I asked for better hose pictures to determine where exactly the radiator hoses
enter and exit the radiator in the BC4.

Misc custom plumbing and wiring is not an issue. I am not
afraid of bracketry work and minor wiring customization and plumbing
refits. I just need to make sure I am not missing something.
Yes? No? Maybe?
Any constructive input is most welcomed.
The replacement BC4;
Engine is in a running working truck that I can drive.Seller has receipts from recent rebuild locally.
It looks awesome from pics I have so far. See below.
My truck has Historic Plates, no EPA issues here plus the truck is leaving the state soon.

Here is what I think I have learned regarding doing this swap;
The BC4 has a front sump oil pan, we 'think"we can use my rear sump BC1 pan and plumb to BC4 pump. Any input?
Jury is still out on front motor mount. I await more pictures.
Jury still out on radiator hose connections,can we simply bush down and use my radiator
if there is simply smaller upper and lower hoses?
HERE ARE PICS OF THE BC4 I AM CONSIDERING BUYING, PRIOR TO INSTALL.Currently it is installed in a truck on EBay.
ENGINE 1
ENGINE 2
ENGINE 3
ENGINE 4
ENGINE 5
ENGINE 6
ENGINE 7
CLICK HERE if possible to reply in my master M916 Thread.

THANK YOU in ADVANCE!

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I did some brushing down to make my mrap radiator work. Welded two different stainless steel pipes together to bushing down on places support was needed.

How does your radiator compare to that of a 915a1 that has a BCIII? It has 2 large ports, 5/8" port under the upper tank and a small one or two in the upper tank.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks