• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 - 1951 - Martin City Montana

mcv1964

Well here it is!

6x6 Polson.jpg

She comes home today along with my 1951 GMC School Bus!

Bus enlarged (2).jpg

More pictures and probably A LOT of questions to follow!

Going to have one awesome 1951 M135 School Bus RV when it's all said and done. (10 years from now..lol)

Hope this posts right.

DUUANE

Hi and welcome..i just finnished prying the body off a 1957 carpenter school bus..what a job!
What drivetrain does your bus have?

Last edited:

mcv1964

I may get grief and boo's but I want to stretch the M135 and bus it. The ultimate bug out RV in the end.

Before I do it I am trying to find out the vehicles history to make sure I'm not messing with something that has some historical significance.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may get grief and boo's but I want to stretch the M135 and bus it. The ultimate bug out RV in the end.

Before I do it I am trying to find out the vehicles history to make sure I'm not messing with something that has some historical significance.
Or shorten the bus and put it on the M135 frame......

mcv1964

I am sitting this morning just antsy....I want to get the 51 fired up and running!

Problem is momma said no more spending this month...:-( Since she is the bread winner, a financial rock star and the love of my life I gotta go with it.

The 51 has been sitting for a long time so fluid and filter changes are needed, new plugs, plug wires, points, rotor and cap are all needed before we try n fire it up oh yeah we also need a couple of minor things like two batteries and a generator as well.

Looks like it might be a couple of months, so on to cleaning her up and looking for the frame and engine numbers for now. :cool:

mcv1964

I've read all these horror stories about having to peel back layers and layers of oil and paint to try and find the vin# on the frame. Went out this morning prepared to do battle. Looked under the fender to see the frame and with a little minor brushing the flaking white paint came off and under it was olive green and the beautiful stamped number in the frame M135 3112, which matches the manufacturers number on the dash plate!

Tried to get up in the engine compartment but with my short legs and a short step stool it was a no go. My next adventure will be to get a step ladder and find that engine number!

IT'S A GOOD DAY!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks