• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain Rally August 30 - September 3, 2018

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well as Cabell posted, I will gladly try to fill Mike's shoes as the Range Safety Officer for the event. Just let me or Chuck at the registration tent know that you want to go shoot and I'll gladly go over with you. I operate my own range and firearm school here in Tennessee and am a certified RSO. While we are on the range I don't mind helping anyone that is new to shooting or just has some questions, please just ask me. The biggest concern is SAFETY while on the range. I'm very laid back as long as everyone is being safe.

While remembering that our focus is on the military vehicles, I am planning on bringing some of my training equipment with me that would be a fun and instructive. See me at the event to find out more.
If needed I am an RSO as well.

CGarbee

Remember that we have lots and lots of space so bring whatever you want to sell/trade/donate...
There is no extra fee for vending or for taking up an acre or two of space for all your vehicles and gear... :smile:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember that we have lots and lots of space so bring whatever you want to sell/trade/donate...
There is no extra fee for vending or for taking up an acre or two of space for all your vehicles and gear... :smile:
I will have my M101 loaded with HMMWV front passenger seat backs (2), a fuel transfer rig and hoses (FB4320), a tan HMMWV soft slant back, some rear vehicle/trailer lights, M101 wood sides and gates, M101 hinges (3 of 4 corners worth), a used but serviceable M101 cargo cover/tarp, a couple of Sceptre style jerry cans and a few other odds and ends.

Bulldogger

Last edited:

Al Harvey

Here are a few of the larger items that I can bring if someone is interested. Please PM me if you are interested!

Drawers with dividers, great for selling small items at shows. No lids but it'd be easy for someone to make their own. $10 each
IMG_4520.jpg

M16/M4 Shipping Storage Box Holds 12 $100
IMG_3514.jpgIMG_3523.jpg

Drash 3XB Tent. 23'x14' This tent needs a good cleaning and has some broken poles but will set up easily. I will include some repair poles to replace the broken ones. This is not a perfect tent, there are a few small holes that could be patched or left as is. I will need a solid commitment due to the size of this tent. $300

IMG_6078.jpgIMG_6079.jpgIMG_6081.jpgIMG_6082.jpgIMG_6085.jpgIMG_6086.jpgIMG_6088.jpg

CGarbee

I neglected to take photos of stuff that I have for sale this past weekend...
I have:
new STA 7.50x16 NDCC tires
Lugnuts (inner/outer, left/right) for M37, 2.5, and 5 ton trucks.
Plastic Water Cans
Plastic Insulated Coffee/Tea/Water/Juice dispensers
M37 parts (call if you need something specific, not sure what exactly is already on the trailer)

CJ9/Granny

I wish you guys/gals ideal weather... no rain, no humidity, and no more miserable August heat... and do have a wonderful time! :beer:

I will not be coming up this year. I had a heart attack in March. However, I am doing very well, and I am about 40 lbs lighter and in better physical shape than I've been in for a number of years. Cabell's fine BBQ is no longer on my menu. I can only eat very small quantities of beef and pork... occasionally. Fish & chicken are the meats. The rest of the diet is fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains, etc. My lifestyle has definitely changed, but I am getting along fine with it. I walk 3.5 miles on M-W-F, then use the weight machines at the Cardiac Rehab Center in Concord on T-T. For the record, I didn't post this for sympathy... just though some of you might want to know. Maybe next year I will give it another shot. Best wishes to all!

CGarbee

I will not be coming up this year. I had a heart attack in March. However, I am doing very well
Hate to hear that...
Glad that you are doing well and are taking good care of yourself.
When you do make it back to Graves, keep in mind that the Saturday night menu has been expanded a bit since not everyone eats pork (or meat, for that matter...). :)

CGarbee

CGarbee

I get tired just thinking about that logging on the 2-4th!
Bulldogger
I posted a bunch more of those photos onto the Flickr account as well...
I'll bring a memory stick with all of them that I took that weekend so that you can snag ones of life around the cabin (swimming, cooking, card games, etc) for you to share.

CGarbee

As I toss a few extra jerry cans onto the truck...

Don't forget that the nearest fuel is in the town of Madison.
Please top up your tanks on the way in (you know, before you leave the four lane and get on the twisty two lane that leads to the farm...).

Also, remember that we have no cell phone coverage except on top of the mountain. Internet is available at Syria Merchantile or at the Lodge (free wifi).
If someone really needs to get a message to you, have them call the Lodge and they will contact us/you...

mcv1964

So wish there were a Steel Soldiers rally close to or in Montana!

I would love to be able to see other rigs, so I would know where to begin getting mine running and back on the road.

I think it would help get my wife on board too if she could be around a bunch of them and talk to other women with husbands who have the Steel Soldiers bug.

AMGeneral

I have 16 Gama Goat wheels with tires if anyone is interested, 6 have serviceable tires with 50% tread and minimal weather checking, the rest will hold air but are not really roadworthy.

I can bring them if I am able to make it, FREE for the taking, but you have to take them ALL.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have my M101 loaded with HMMWV front passenger seat backs (2), a fuel transfer rig and hoses (FB4320), a tan HMMWV soft slant back, some rear vehicle/trailer lights, M101 wood sides and gates, M101 hinges (3 of 4 corners worth), a used but serviceable M101 cargo cover/tarp, a couple of Sceptre style jerry cans and a few other odds and ends.

Bulldogger
In addition: four jerry can mounting trays, two CUCV antenna mounting kits (a couple parts missing, but mostly there), two trailer light modules (incomplete), a CUCV spare tire mount, some shackles, and one antenna spring base.

BDGR

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to seeing everyone again this weekend. Had a great time last year and it looks like more people are coming this time. From what friends have told me and off the VA HMMWV group, we should be bringing around seven HMMWVs. Has there been a schedule posted or made yet for the activities of each day? Several people have asked me about the schedule because they pan on coming for the day and want to know what time they want to be there.

CGarbee

The daily schedule (subject to change due to weather, etc) is posted on the event website.... Trailrides in the morning are at 8 and 10....

Chuck (BMan) will post the daily updates on the white board at the HQ/Registration tent.

For more info see:
http://www.gravesmountaintrailrides.com

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of HMWWV (and others) on the trails.

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to seeing everyone again this weekend. Had a great time last year and it looks like more people are coming this time. From what friends have told me and off the VA HMMWV group, we should be bringing around seven HMMWVs. Has there been a schedule posted or made yet for the activities of each day? Several people have asked me about the schedule because they pan on coming for the day and want to know what time they want to be there.
And with mine and TheCaptain's that makes upwards of 9. Should be fun.

Bulldogger

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks