• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Petaluma Saurer 6DM Pics

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saurer 6DM.jpgDSCF1950.jpgDSCF1949.jpgDSCF1952.jpgDSCF1953.jpgDSCF1948.jpg I came across this Saurer 6DM at Petaluma. This is a 6 Ton truck with a 250hp engine. The 6DM was designed and built in Switzerland. This truck was for sale for $24,000.

Terrh

Cool truck! I love the cargo bed access w/ stairs. Looks very practical! Also looks like there isn't one curved piece of metal in the entire body.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool truck! I love the cargo bed access w/ stairs. Looks very practical! Also looks like there isn't one curved piece of metal in the entire body.
This was the first 6DM that I have seen in person. The Saurer company in Switzerland went out of business some years ago, and I understand parts are becoming scarce. There are a few countries that still use the 6DM & the larger 10DM. This truck is for sale, asking price is $24,000. I like the sign in the drivers side front window, SIZEMATRS.

Last edited:

SaurerPNW

I
saw the same truck. After purchasing a Puch from Scott a little over a year ago, I couldn't resist. The Saurer 6DM came home with me. We have had a lot of fun with the truck so far. Future plans are to have an expedition box made for it. Scott even threw in the 'Sizemtrs' plate! Saurer for Steel Soldiers.jpgSaurer 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I
saw the same truck. After purchasing a Puch from Scott a little over a year ago, I couldn't resist. The Saurer 6DM came home with me. We have had a lot of fun with the truck so far. Future plans are to have an expedition box made for it. Scott even threw in the 'Sizemtrs' plate! View attachment 754281View attachment 754282
Congrats. You got a nice clean truck, glad to see she got a good home. Take good care of her and she will serve you well. As I understood, parts are becoming scarce. If the former owner didn't have a reliable parts source, you might PM the Miggins Brothers or Guyfang since they are over in the Germany/Switzerland area. Also, come join us at the MVCC rally at the 49'er camp ground this April at Plymouth CA. This is the replacement site for the Petaluma and Tower Park events, and it looks like a winner. Hope you can make it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaurerPNW

Thanks Tracer, I will certainly take good care of her. Best part about the truck is how (relatively) easy it is to drive. A manual with no clutch and all shifted by air. Power steering and a great turning radius given its size. It would probably ride even better with about 2 tons in the bed! My friend and I drove it all the way up Norcal to Portland without any issues. Topping out at around 56mph gave us lots of time to enjoy the scenery!
Thanks for the tips about parts, I will certainly look them up.
Hope to see you in Plymouth!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks