• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New way 2 remove a run flat on 1102 trailer or what happens when a runflat don't roll

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was coming home from a swap meet yesterday on a 70mph road when I saw smoke coming from my 1102 trailer my K3500 has so much extra that I didn't feel the tire shred. Lucked out that it didn't tear the brake lines out, part of the tire got warped around the drop axle and locked it up! Also a chunk of burning rubber set the ditch on fire about a mile back from where I stopped!
Photo036-1.jpg DSCN4594.jpg DSCN4595.jpg DSCN4593.jpg
Only good part was I just happen to have a spare wheel and tire at the house and this happened 2 miles away.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Over the years I have lost several trailer tires, this was the worst to date. Last year my on the way home from Cleveland my little trailer lost one when the U bolts that held the axle to the springs broke and allowed the wheel to move back and the tire was cut in 1/2 buy a mud flap bolt. Year before on the way home from Ga Rally leaf springs broke, tire shredded when it wore into the fender. Year before that blew trailer tire from road trash 100 miles into a trip to Findlay. Only lost a truck tire once, 3 years ago at the GA rally when I ran over a tent stake I put in the ground! I always carry a spare, do maintenance, check pressures and don't used crappy tires but some how, "when it's time to go they will blow"! Worst/best part is I had sold it to aghumvee at the meet but he can't come get it till tonight, so it will be leaving with one green wheel this evening. The dent and gash were already there only the black tire residue was from the blow out. I would have felt a lot worse if it had blown up on him within the first ten miles of his trip home!

DSCN4596.jpg DSCN4597.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks for keeping me up to date, I know you will put it to good use. Again I love that truck!

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad that event was fairly benevolent for you, Dave!

I love the ID panels on the side of the truck. I got a set of those in an S788 shelter I got from a junk yard. They're going on the outside of it.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks