• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 Batteries / Charging

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Far from getting into a male urination contest I'll finish this up.

A. You wanted a truck.
B. I sold you a truck.
C. You listened to truck on a Youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0j1D8qkoA&feature=youtu.be

D. I sent pictures.
E. You drove down to see truck.
F. You looked under the hood, opened the battery box to see the batteries and I pointed out everything on the truck that I knew did or did not work. While the truck was sitting there running the gauge showed well into the green. We covered the other items on the truck like the spin-on oil filter and the gear reduction started and the remote reservoir for the brake fluid which by the way uses Parker fittings.
G. You didn't even test drive it.
H. I gave you a tire tool with bars and oil just in case.
I. You handed me the money, we unloaded my stuff and loaded the two extra like-new tires and you drove away.

The last truck I sold I included parts and a meter since they flew in and had nothing. The belts broke and I had included a new set for them and if I had thought that was the wrong (or bad) alternator on your truck I would have given you and extra to take with you. (I had the civi alternator on that truck as well and put a brand new one on it while they were in the air coming in.)

We can debate the batteries and charging methods all day long but the batteries it left here with spun that truck like a top because it has the gear reduction starter on it and you don't need giant batteries in the summer or winter to do it.

Now, I do feel like an idiot putting the wrong alternator on there but I sent you a new one to cover my mistake. If you don't like and want to put a military back on that's fine but the pulley wont work. To put a civi unit on the pulley must be bored out to 7/8 inch.

Not sure what else you want from me on a 47 year old truck purchase but I tried to make it right.

steve

Iceman3005

Yes I agree, but when I was down there and questioned you about the batteries and the alternator you got really defensive so I dropped it. I don't like to argue. I just figured no big deal, I will just replace those items at a later date.

By the time I got home after a 5 hour drive the battery gauge was in the red, lights where very dim.

Yes you did make on your word and sent a new alternator. Thank you!

The issue I had was the text you sent me on my phone, about the charging and the batteries. Really irritated me, then you got on steel soldiers and told me I charged the batteries incorrectly when in fact I did. I followed manufactures recommend specs for charging a dead battery. I wasn't going to say or type anything negative until that text you sent me.

Yes I understand this is an old truck, things break, wear out, I really didn't care that the alternator had issues, or the batteries fried. So what!

Yes I will make on my word and send the faulty alternator back. It will be going out tomorrow.

I'm not asking anything from you, but your text and the message on SS you sent is what started this.

My apologies for getting irritated, I should have just let it go.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad you didn't let it go or I would not have had a chance to make it up to you with a new one.

Sorry about the text and the thread post. They are just based on my experience.

Enjoy the truck and remember to get a pulley if you put a military alternator in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks