• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mx-6707 antenna base parts availability

2deuce

I tried googling the parts but couldn't find the electronic parts inside that are needed. Found some cables and stuff but nothing electronic. Is anyone trying to fix their antenna bases and know where to find parts?
Thanks

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure as I have never done it bit Murphy's Junk, American Mil Spec, Columbia Electronics, Haney, And Fair Radio come to mind as good military electronics sources.

I suspect it would be easier/cheaper just to find another base. Maybe a parts wanted here or ebay. I think they are readily available and reasonable.

Sell the old one for just display.

papakb

Other than the diode across the stepper motor (that occasionally shorts out) there's not much you want to replace in the 6707. If you were to replace the tuning coils do you have the necessary test equipment to re-tune them? The housings crack, the plastic feedthru for the frequency selector switch breaks and the BNC connector gets damaged all the time but it just isn't worth repairing them. Just find another one.

Last edited:

2deuce

I've got one that looks new inside but that diode is gone and the plastic shaft for the tuner is broke like the knob got hit. I'm not sure that shaft is easily replaced either. I have no test equipment and didn't want to adjust anything or re-tune. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks