• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy intro

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, this is my 1st post. Just the other day a guy GAVE me a M35A2 for FREE! Said he just wanted outa his yard & if id haul it off(no brakes) i can have it. It's rough & needs alot but runs & drives & the price is right so i gota fix it & play w/it. Right? I have been a cnc operator for the last 11yr, before that i was a mechanic for 8-9yr but just cars/pickups nothing near this beefy so im sure I'll have a million questions.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard! Great score, you’ve come to the right place for all your answers, and don’t forget to post up some pics of your new truck.

NormB

Welcome to the madness.

May your days be long and filled with more driving than wrenching.

Enjoy.

Now about hose pictures...

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll take some pics in the next day or two. I ain't even gott it home yet.

Ok, 1st order or business. Several tirers are very low. I've never messed w/split rims but always heard how dangerous they are & to use a safty cage to air em up. Should i be worried about putting air in them on the truck? I mean you see videos of them blowing up in peoples face all the time.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from michigan , your going to be needing these.
TM's for the Deuce

The first one you should read is the operators manual ( -10 ) and get familiar with safe operation
TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf
TM9-2320-209-10-1 Operation, Installation and Reference data for the M35 series, Operator Level.

And since you have brake issues you will want to build a power bleeder , here is a low cost one you can build.

Deuce Power Bleeder R4x4 Style

Last edited:

rustystud

I'll take some pics in the next day or two. I ain't even gott it home yet.

Ok, 1st order or business. Several tirers are very low. I've never messed w/split rims but always heard how dangerous they are & to use a safty cage to air em up. Should i be worried about putting air in them on the truck? I mean you see videos of them blowing up in peoples face all the time.
Airing them up on the truck should be safe as long as the tire bead is still intact. Also for a truck that has set for that long, check the tires for "weather checking" and splits. They can cause a blow-out if they are bad enough. For safety sake I would only air them up to 30 PSI . That's plenty for just moving the truck.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Nevada. Follow Porky's advice, the TM's are your friends. Good Luck with your M35A2. I have one, they're lots of fun.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the links! Once i get this thing road worthy i definitely want to come to some of the rallys. Looks like alota fun.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see a lot of good things with your truck. The sheet metal is not all chewed up, bumper is almost straight, tailgate not busted up. The paint is rough but the rust looks to be surface mostly. Check the triangular area where the rear of the fender meets the cab and the cowl in front of the windshield for rust, as well as the door bottoms.

You are missing the splash guards for the rear axles. Good score! No one has ever had the urge to give me a free truck!

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as rust goes the bed is the worst part. There spots in the bed floor that are rusted all the way through. The cab & fenders look to be pretty soild.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not bad for a free truck, it still has the front shackles installed. Follow the advice given, real easy to work on, parts are still out there, kick in the pants to drive.
Get it road worthy and be safe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks