• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronics Sho, Trailer Mounted AN/MPM-46B of Nike Hercules Equipment Trailer

Hermannator

I purchased a piece of history recently. I have an Electronics Shop, Trailer Mounted AN/MPM-46B that has Dual wheel assemblies front and back with a pintle draw bar in stead of a 5th wheel king pin.Equipment trailer .jpg
The Tires are 8 PLY 9.00 - 16 highway tires. 557594_6582_0_0012.jpg

9.00 - 16 tire and wheel.jpg
The wheels are a dual wheel assembly with 5 lugs and a 5" center hole for the axle. The lug holes appear to be about 71/2" apart. There are 5 mounting studs with 5 bud style inner sleeves and 5 outer inner nuts that go over the inner sleeves and inner sleeves are directional. Stud piloted design versus hub design.
It looks like it has a safety ring around the beam but is not a traditional split rim and the loacl tire shop doesn't want to work with the rim.
I have scoured the internet and the TMs and all I can find is the description as dual wheel assembly.

I would like to find a replacement dual wheel assembly or a common trailer tire size that matches up to the 9.00 - 16 tires on the trailer now. Before I drive all over San Antonio looking for an answer, I would like to know what options i have for a safer wheel set or tires that are easier to come by than 9.00-16.

Thanks

John

I put photos in an album here on SS.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zev~ GoldnEagle has a trailer like that he took off all the wheels to make stationary. He has extra rims with Good Tires. Send him a pm

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same wheel as M101 trailer or M37 Dodge. There are wheels made for that trailer that are for tubeless tires.

goldneagle

Zev~ GoldnEagle has a trailer like that he took off all the wheels to make stationary. He has extra rims with Good Tires. Send him a pm
My wheels are 8 lug not 5. Tires would fit but I will need to check tire size.i have 5 NOS and 4 Slightly used ones.

Hermannator

I had a commercial driver that stopped by the shop to drop off a lift and he said his family had several old trucks and trailers with these rims. He said it IS NOT a split rim but rather a safety bead that you can remove with a screw driver. Still leaves me to find 9.0-16 highway tires for the rims. Thanks for the help so far, still trying to find a local tire shop to help with the issue. Any idea what would be a standard tire size that matches the 9.0-16 tire?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks